Recommended tick repellant uk

Onceuponadime

I use a flea spot on currently and ironically put it on last week. Every tick spot on includes flea. I don't want to double dose my pup. Could anyone recommend a tick only repellant. I live in the country and they are rife at the moment. I'm taking one or two off him after walk. 

I give Mayo Nexgard, so it's not tick-only. Maybe check with your vet if it's safe to put your dog on something that includes flea treatment as well? Fleas are uncomfortable for dogs but ticks can be deadly. If it's safe I wouldn't worry about wasting money on the flea treatment you already used.

Bravecto is claimed to be a 'next generation' treatment for ticks and fleas - and only needed every 3 months. But being more powerful (replacing such treatments as Frontline, a flea-only treatment, which is said to now be ineffective against fleas) there are reports of side effects. But like all medication, there's always potential side effects and I'm unsure how serious they may be

We actually rarely medicate our 6 against ticks and fleas, preferring to visually check for both (and we've had neither causing problems in the last 10 years) but we do tend to stick to well travelled public paths, beaches and offlead areas

Archived