Skin problem

ForteD

Hello everyone,

My girl is 6 months old, and she start to have skin problem nearly 2 months, I bring her to vet but nothing get better. I do some research and found out that maybe zinc deeffeciency, but there is no clearly picture to compare, so can you guy take a look at my pic and give me some idea what is going on.

Some hair loss in her paw and her leg, Iam not sure if her chew it or it fall down.

Her belly some time have yellow pimble.

Her ears is find.

Her eyes have some red pimple (the other dog I saw with ZND has larger circle around it eyes, but my dog dont).

Her wound bleed alot, although I used the disk around her neck to stop her scratching.

Her diet dont have fish, and cow. Maybe I should start switch into it tomorow.

The smaller wound is under her chin, neck, little bit on paw, hair loss and small wound in leg. Her neck start to dry out but some wound in her face get worse.

IMG_20180412_233124.jpg

IMG_20180412_233039.jpg

It could be Mange (red mange or scabies).  Mange is when microscopic parasites get under the skin and feed & multiply.  It's extremely uncomfortable for a dog/puppy and gets inflamed, sore & itches horribly.  The areas get infected & can be very contagious.  If you have a second dog, it could get it as well.  I don't want to guess so the best thing to do is take your puppy to your Vet as soon as possible for treatment.

Good luck with your precious baby.🙏💜

Oh my goodness this is so sad, I agree with Angie I think it could be mange... I personally don't think its Demodex, I once had a miniature pinscher that had Demodex and it looks nothing like this, it simply looked like bald patches with dry skin, it didn't bleed or look inflamed.

I would suggest that you don't wait any longer and try changing food etc, your dog needs to SEE A VET AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and they need to do a skin scrape and probably some blood tests as well. It's best not to speculate with serious problems like this that can escalate, and your pour baby is probably in pain as well. I would take her to the vet immediately, and if you have already gone and haven't gotten a diagnosis go to a different vet ASAP.

10 hours ago, amiralovelife said:

Oh my goodness this is so sad, I agree with Angie I think it could be mange... I personally don't think its Demodex, I once had a miniature pinscher that had Demodex and it looks nothing like this, it simply looked like bald patches with dry skin, it didn't bleed or look inflamed.

I would suggest that you don't wait any longer and try changing food etc, your dog needs to SEE A VET AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and they need to do a skin scrape and probably some blood tests as well. It's best not to speculate with serious problems like this that can escalate, and your pour baby is probably in pain as well. I would take her to the vet immediately, and if you have already gone and haven't gotten a diagnosis go to a different vet ASAP.

Is search for the mange case, the skin of mange case is dry, but my dog always bleed and wet, cant stop the bleed. I go to the biggest vet in my location, but they cant do skin scrape. I will bring her to the city to do that :(.

She do the blood test before, little bit low on protein and sugar, but almost double the calcium.

I stop giving her the calcium 1 week before, and boost on sugar and protein

Mange can become inflamed and bleed. It sure looks like a type of Mange. You're sweet baby should get much better with medical treatment. You want the food to be high in protein and give her complex cards. Since she's only 6months old, she definitely needs protein for growing & developing. But I'm so happy you're taking her to a different Vet that can scrape the skin and do lab work. We are all here for you.

🙏💜🤗🐺🐾

I was just talking to a friend about our dogs playing in the woods and she mentioned something called "Alabama Rot" and I immediately thought of your post... I think it may be what your dog is suffering from since your dogs lesion seems to be in one spot only as opposed to mange which looks like it spreads all over in photographs. Here is some information about it:

The disease kills 80 per cent of the animals affected.

It causes lesions on the skin and occasionally in the mouth, which can look like bites, sores, wounds or stings, and some dogs go on to develop life-threatening kidney failure.

Alabama Rot causes tiny blood clots to form in the blood vessels which blocks them and can ultimately lead to damage of the affected tissue.

This causes ulceration in the skin but in the kidney it can lead to organ failure.

If untreated, dogs can develop a raging fever and will eventually die.

The disease is fatal in nine out of ten cases and dogs of any age, sex, or breed can fall victim.

PLEASE GO TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY! I have also added a photo of another case, in which a dog has it on his face.

Best of luck!

nintchdbpict0002607330041.jpg

You need to get him to the vet and get an answer, as that looks quite nasty. If you are not happy with the answers you are getting from your vet, and they are not giving the tests he needs, then take him to the city and get him tested. These things can at the very least be extremely uncomfortable for the dog, and at the very worst be life-threatening. At the moment your biggest danger is that you do not know which.

Agree strongly with Marc's post, you need to know what it is to treat correctly.

Ice had suspected mange recently after a fight with a fox in our garden. The treatment was simple, one tablet immediately and one more the following month.  He also had antibiotics every day for a week.  he responded quickly to it and made a full recovery.  

Due to the history of his fox fight and the symptoms of his fur loss and sore skin it was decided to immediately start treatment rather than wait for tests, however if that hadn't of worked, then a skin scrape would be the only real option left to accurately work out what was wrong. 

Its zinc deficiency, skin scrape doesnt show anything, doc said if there is, demodex and mange should be dead during the treatment.

After few days I change her diet, her skin stop bleading in the first day. She is much much better now. And I notice there is a circle around her right eye exactly as the znd case I saw, before it little bit pink so I thought it normal skin look like, now bcause the healing, it become darker.

I let her eat beef, oyster, and salmon. Beef and oyster have high protein and zinc, salmon have fat acid, all of it is good for her skin.

Glad you've found out the answer n I was just about to comment n say it's not alabama rot incase you panicked about that,  hope she's ok soon 

On 4/13/2018 at 8:05 PM, amiralovelife said:

I was just talking to a friend about our dogs playing in the woods and she mentioned something called "Alabama Rot" and I immediately thought of your post... I think it may be what your dog is suffering from since your dogs lesion seems to be in one spot only as opposed to mange which looks like it spreads all over in photographs. Here is some information about it:

The disease kills 80 per cent of the animals affected.

It causes lesions on the skin and occasionally in the mouth, which can look like bites, sores, wounds or stings, and some dogs go on to develop life-threatening kidney failure.

Alabama Rot causes tiny blood clots to form in the blood vessels which blocks them and can ultimately lead to damage of the affected tissue.

This causes ulceration in the skin but in the kidney it can lead to organ failure.

If untreated, dogs can develop a raging fever and will eventually die.

The disease is fatal in nine out of ten cases and dogs of any age, sex, or breed can fall victim.

PLEASE GO TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY! I have also added a photo of another case, in which a dog has it on his face.

Best of luck!

nintchdbpict0002607330041.jpg

Honestly if it was there's no way after 2 months her dog would still be alive , it attacks the organs before the skin lesions appear , luckily they found their answer and are now treating their dog :)

Archived