Biting

Kero

My 5 months old puppy is always biting us. I tried saying NO but he still barks at me and bite me. I also doing redirecting him to his toy to bite but after a seconds he will go to me and bite me. Now I'm trying that whenever he bites me I will say NO and put him in other room and closed it, there, he will starts crying. After a minutes of crying I open the door and we play again but after a minutes he will start biting at me and I will do it again putting him in the other room and so on.. Am I doing the training for him right? Can someone help me how to train my puppy, a detailed? :(

you are doing the train right so far I would not start playing when coming out of time out...is giving ok to do what he did before time out was ok...

@Keeno ~ I think you will be fine. You can put some rubbing alcohol on the mark. Most puppies/dogs do not have rabies... it's very very rare. If you've had your pup more than 10days, and he hasn't gotten sick in those 10days, then you & he are safe.
(If a dog has unknown rabies, they would get very very sick within a 10-day period.)
My ARMANI used to bite & scratch me all the time. It was never malicious just him totally playing. I never got sick. Puppies don't mean to bite/scratch us. They just get so excited wanting to play with us and they toys.
Keep hanging in there!! You're doing great!!
[emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji171]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

7 hours ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

@Keeno ~ I think you will be fine. You can put some rubbing alcohol on the mark. Most puppies/dogs do not have rabies... it's very very rare. If you've had your pup more than 10days, and he hasn't gotten sick in those 10days, then you & he are safe.
(If a dog has unknown rabies, they would get very very sick within a 10-day period.)
My ARMANI used to bite & scratch me all the time. It was never malicious just him totally playing. I never got sick. Puppies don't mean to bite/scratch us. They just get so excited wanting to play with us and they toys.
Keep hanging in there!! You're doing great!!
emoji847.pngemoji191.pngemoji252.pngemoji171.png

Thank you so much that happened because I carried him  and put him in my lap because he is getting naughty that time he wants to bite everyone, then after I put him in my lap , I guess he doesn't like, he suddenly turn his head into my arm and catch my palm I guess he is angry that time :lol: but still I love my puppy :lovebone: he is my little brother cause I dont have one :lolman: . What I noticing now is when we are training he sometimes snap on the treat :lol:

Update: I notice my dog that after we have a walk outside and also a play, when we go inside of our house , he is still wants to play and will start chasing to bite us when we notice him, and even we dont. What I did is I put him to another room for awhile like a minute or two. then let him go outside of that room and bring him his toy. Then he played it ☺. But still sometimes, after he play his toy, he will simply bite us a little. Am I doing it right?

My another concern is, sometimes when I'm talking to him that what he did is a bad thing. He will growl and bark at me. What can i do? It looks like he is mad. 

But when it comes to training he is like an angel he follows what command I say , because of the treat😢

You can’t train a puppy in a few days. You wouldn’t expect a baby or toddler to do everything it’s told would you, it’s the same with puppies, you’re training him to do as he’s told, he just wants to do what he likes. The biting is not malicious it’s his only defence. Of course he needs to know it’s not acceptable so he has to learn but it won’t happen over night. It takes years to train children after all so it’s actually a bit quicker with dogs. Have you thought of buying a book or watching some videos on YouTube? You’ll get there as long as you remain calm and kind and remember he’s got to learn what you expect of him before he can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Kero ~ When you come back from a walk, if your puppy starts chasing you to play bite, redirect him with a toy.
You don't want to walk a puppy too long because they are still growing, and they can become overly tired. The forum says to limit the time of puppy walks to "5minutes per every month of age" to equal, for example: 3months old = 15minutes.
Also, when your puppy starts "growling and looks mad at you" when you're disciplining him saying kindly, "no no," etc., he is just talking back to you or "back talking." Huskies are notorious for talking back to us. They're not really mad. Huskies are very "vocal"[emoji441][emoji6] dogs and love to have conversations with us... especially when they are told "no" or "bad"!![emoji28] (Mine talk back to me all the time LOL!![emoji23][emoji23]) Huskies like to emulate us because they think they are "hoomans" too!!🤣🤣
I think everything you are doing is correct. It just takes extra time & patience with training puppies. You are doing awesome!! Keep up the great work!![emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji171]

Archived