Food problems

Lunawolf

What's your routine regarding food ? Was there one she did seem to enjoy the most? Stick with it and be firm , she won't starve herself and by giving her several different options you'll make her fussy , put food down if it's not eaten within certain time take it up , she then doesn't get fed until her next dinner time

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

That's good advice from BingBlaze n Skyla.   I only feed raw so do not know anything about the other types  -    My Marley is quite fussy  -  won't eat the same thing more than two days running  -   I end up feeding two different meats and one fish most days  -  if he does not eat it - he has nothing else (now)  -  by the next day he would usually eat almost anything.

I found with Marley that if he didn't like - say mince - one day  -  if I added a tin of sardines to it he would gobble it all up.     Even a dog must get fed up if he gets exactly the same thing every single day of his life   (unless its a Labrador that is). 

My boys get more 'choice' than most  ........................ but it didn't stop  Marley pinching my Seriously Strong cheese toastie yesterday - I put it on the kitchen counter whilst I went to the front door to get a package from the postman  -  was gone around 12 seconds  -   turned around to see him gobbling it up as fast as he could !

Thanks for replies.  She does get fed at the same time each day(along with pug and cat siblings). However she tends to go and bury her raw meat/bones in the garden then will come in and try to finish off cats food.  I do vary her diet as like yours she tends to get bored of the same thing.  At the moment she’s eating cooked chicken fillets from Iceland but I honestly think she is puzzled as to why she doesn’t sit down at the table with us humans she’s that divaish 😂.  I will take your advice on board and see how we get on thanks 🙏🏻 

Marley tries that as well   -  the worst part is when he digs it up a few days later and sneaks back into the house with it.    I gave up trying to feed him raw liver as he would just roll in it - never eat it.   I now dehydrate the liver and feed it as a treat - he loves it.

I got mine on eBay  - £36   Andrew James one.    I really wanted an excalibur but cannot afford one.   It works for everything I want from it  -  mainly meat for the dogs, but I also dehydrate surplus veg from the garden & then have it in soups, stews & casseroles in the winter.   It is invaluable for me especially for fussy Marley  -  he does not like spleen or pancreas  -  (as I found out yesterday) so I  will dehydrate the rest and give it him as a treat the same as I do for liver.    I generally dehydrate chicken breast, lamb's hearts and liver for treats  -  much healthier than the shop bought wheat type things in the supermarkets.

Slice the meat as thinly as you can, (or get the butcher to do it as I do) lay on the trays not touching anything else, 70 degrees for around 30-40 hours depending on the thickness of the meat  -  it should snap apart, not bend.  Cost   2p an hour to run  -  the advantage is you know EXACTLY what is in the treat you are feeding to your furbaby.   Will happily keep 6 months in a closed container.

Archived