When to swap from kibble to raw

emmaarneaud

So after waiting 5 years to settle here in Canada, we're finally going to a husky rescue to adopt a furbaby.

He's currently being transported from California to Alberta as they have a huge number being surrendered daily.

Hopefully he will be with is very soon on a two week trial before we finalise the adoption.

Assuming he's being fed kibble at present how long shall I wait to introduce him onto raw food? shall I do it gradually or just straight swap.

I'm predicting a runny tummy anyway while he settles in with us, wow I'm a newbie at this all over again.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. Also is it 2% adult weight per day?

Thank you.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

I done a straight swap. There is conflicting information on the internet but the one constant is that raw food digest a lot quicker than kindle so you should not mix the two.

Start with basic bland raw like chicken and fish. Avoid any offal and liver at first as these may be too rich for there tummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

thanks, I think I'm just going to swap him straight over. I went out and bought chicken necks with backs, gizzards,liver, chicken quarters with kidneys attached wings and mince. just need to get hold of some hearts and kidneys. We've a Chinese store that sells frozen mackerel by the box load too. My first husky loved her fish like an ice lolly [emoji87] I've done lots of reading this week

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

We always introduce a bit with their kibble (since the mixing kibble and raw thing has now been deemed not relevant) with our fosters (if they're going on raw - depends on next fosterer/adopter) but I really don't think it matters (unless they hate raw - never come across one of them yet!)

Archived