New puppy dog food feedback

cmpatterson

Hi everyone! 

I've been researching dog food brands and the best option to switch a puppy over after getting him from the breeder. Does anyone have experience or feed their dogs Wellness Core? 

https://www.amazon.com/Wellness-Natural-Original- Chicken-26-Pound/dp/B000VTTAMY/ref=as_at/?creativeASIN=B000VTTAMY&imprToken=iV03yD8vXIf68SZpeVUOCg&slotNum=12&ie=UTF8&linkCode=w61&tag=cuddleyourdog-20&linkId=5a63354e91df8cee119321bd3fa338ca

It's grain free and seems to hit most of the beneficial qualities I've seen in other threads for dog foods. I don't have any interest in going the raw diet path.

Also, when training a puppy, did you use their dog food for treats while training throughout the day. I read maybe taking a quarter of their food for each day and using this as positive reinforcement will help but I also don't want to underfeed the pup. Any thoughts?

I’ve heard of it but not tried it personally. Grain free is definitely a good way to go though.

There’s a good review website called dogfoodadvisor.com i think and that reviews a lot of brands with a detailed breakdown.

I used separate treats either freeze dried chicken cut very small or chopped up carrots. They placed a higher value on those than their food so were more motivated to get some.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I know people that use Wellness Core and they love it.  They also have a semi-raw version too.  I feed mine Taste of the Wild, and I just saw today that they have a new Taste of the Wild PREY version that has less ingredients that I may look into. 

Archived