Lump appeared on Luna's nose today and is swelling

Barkatthemoon

Hi, our husky pup (11 months) Luna has a lump on her nose. It appeared earlier today and has started this evening to get worse. Her cheeks are swollen and the lump appears to have moved to the right and swollen to a larger size. We have tried putting ice on it and also gave her an antihistamine and it still isn't getting any better, we are really starting to get worried now. Does anyone know what we could try? 

This happened to Astro it moved from one side of his face to the other, he ended up looking like goofy! The vet thought he had been stung. Defo take her to the vet because if the swelling moves to her throat it will affect her breathing

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

@Rachael_Astro yes Luna's has moved too- from left to right. Thank you, it's very helpful to know that this could be a sting! 

@chelseafan @Jo there hasn't been any vomiting, would you say it's worth taking her to an out of hours and paying the charges or keep an eye on her overnight and have her seen asap when the vets opens tomorrow? 

Thank you so much everyone for your help!

Is the swelling getting worse?
Personally, I would take her to the out of hours, I would want to have the peace of mind knowing what’s wrong, I know it can be costly but we need to keep our fur babies safe and well. A friend of mine has a staffy that was stung and she now has to carry an epi pen in case it happens again. I hope Luna will be ok.

e2992bcf389cd2d969325d630f07e205.jpg

When it happened to Astro this is what he looked like the next morning. It moved from one side to the other then spread across his whole face! It really upset me to see him so sad it was horrible :(

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Could be a bug bite rather then a sting specially if the antihistamine hasn't worked , hope he's ok , if u can stay awake tonight I'd just monitor him until the morning , unless it affects his breathing , maybe ring them see if they can give u any advice see when u can give him some more antihistamine

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Definitely give the vets a call.

Antihistamines can take a time to work. Bear’s face swelled up to the point she looked like a shar pei. Thankfully it didn’t affect her breathing nor was she sick or any other symptoms. However she was on antihistamines for about 2 weeks before the swelling had totally gone down. It lasted ages.

I would take LUNA to an emergency Vet ASAP!! She could have been stung by a spider or anything. Or she could be having a food allergy. She'll definitely probably has a high fever and could be in alot of pain, which is not good. Take no chances bcuz it could be life threatening. (I would do everything for my two babies!) Praying deeply for your LUNA-Baby.[emoji120][emoji178][emoji254]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Archived