Summer Fun!

SimkasMom

Good evening all!  Simka here barking that it sure has been a while!  I hope all you huskies and humans are enjoying the nice weather and having a fun and safe time!  Mommy took a little extra time off from work to help me get more exercise. See, this winter i got a little plump. Well, we have been swimming in our pool, walking at the dog park and university trails, AND going to the beach!  I am super active, and soon will not be a "husky" husky! Haha :)  oh, and mommy found me an awesome life jacket from chewy.com  this is the info: 

https://www.chewy.com/paws-aboard-blue-yellow-neoprene-dog/dp/136221

You can't be too careful!!!

And I almost forgot: GrizzLee and Rusty just got a new brother!  His name is Snickers because of his color and he is a Saint Bernard.  Carol took him in because he got to be too much for his humans to handle.  All I can say is that Carol is a wonderful human! Will send photos when mommy can figure out what is wrong with our "picture-putter-inner-program"! :) All three of the boys have been enjoying Auntie Rachels new summer nikes when she doggysits. Snickers can practically fit her whole sneaker in his mouth to chew it!  Well, hope everyone has been well!  Goodnight,

Simka

Great to hear from you Simka. Good luck with your exercise plan, sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun!

Congratulations to Carol on her new fur baby Snickers and commiserations to Rachel for the demise of her Nikes [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Simka here,

Carol is an awesome human and will definitely give Snickers the love and caring he needs!  On a lighter note, too bad for Rachel this evening: Earlier, the boys got really hungry for a pair of her yummy new summer nikes and wrestled them off her feet and claimed them for their secret stash in the woods.  They apparently are camping out there tonight and having a late night nike dessert.  Awesome for them! :)

Simka

Good Evening All!  Simka here barking that I hope all you humans and huskies survived the work week and are in for a grrrreat weekend!  Well, I just wanted to introduce everyone to my new friend and GrizzLee and Rusty's new fur bro, Snickers the Saint Bernard!  As you can see he is a total shoe monster and is going to fit in perfect with Grizz and Rusty!  That is one of Carol's new work shoes! Yikes!!!

Snickers1.thumb.jpg.6ab6535b0baa306dadecb80b8c00b682.jpg

Well, he sure did have an awesome day today:  He spent the day with Auntie Rachel because he had an appointment with the Vet dude.  Rachel picked him up this morning and brought him to his dogtors appointment.  When they got there, they were told that there was a scheduling mixup, and they were 4 hours too early.  So rather than sit in the waiting room and look at magazines from10 years ago, Rachel decided to take Snickers back to her apartment for a while.  Well, they no sooner set foot in the building and Snickers went nutso.  He dashed into the guest bedroom and his right over to these:

RachelsNikes1.thumb.JPG.db9373e01798a47099d08a6142ef7ee6.JPG

Rachel rescued them before they went into Snickers' mouth.  As he begged and whined and drooled, she told him that they were brand new as of yesterday and that she did not want them to become chewy dog snacks.  Well, after some more whining, Rachel caved and said okay, if Snickers was good at the Vet's he could have a yummy taste of them all to himself before Grizz and Rusty get to them.  Let me tell ya what, Snickers was good as gold at the Vet's and when they got back to Rachel's, she made good on her end of the deal:

RachelsNikes2.thumb.JPG.ae173728a6fb2db25cba86ea2e3baaa3.JPG

It didn't take him long to chew on them, pull the laces out, and tug them right off her feet.  He LOVED growling and snorting the whole time! :) 

Snickers2a.thumb.jpg.2a103f3111ed4536a8436c70282ff289.jpg

When he got them, he grabbed both nikes in his mouth and trotted off into the guest room to enjoy them.  He even came back shortly after to lick the new nike leather taste of them off her toes!   Lots of slobber!  Unfortunately he did not get to enjoy the new nikes for very long and Rachel had to bring him home :(   Well, Carol just went to check on the boys a few minutes ago, because she heard them stirring in their sleep.  She found Grizz and Rusty rolling around restlessly, but Snickers sleeping very peacefully.  Not even all the boy's commotion would wake him.  She just thinks he must be in the middle of a VERY good dream right now! :) 

Snickers3.thumb.jpg.19a1ddc8fca5340ef24d709ad746ce7f.jpg

Well, hopefully Snickers gets to enjoy those new nikes some more.  He sure deserves it.  Good night all and hope everyone is well!

Simka

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

Hilarious. Honestly it sounds like you couldn't have found a better fit into the pack of friends if you'd tried!

He's very handsome, think I need to go and dig out my Beethoven DVD now. [emoji7][emoji1360]

Hey all! Simka here with an update on how Snickers is doing.  Well, from what mommy heard, Snickers and the boys had quite a scare last night.  See, we have had some VERY scary funder and whitening storms in Maine at night.  Big rumbles and wind and rain and flashes. Yikes!  Well, Rachel was supposed to doggysit lastnight, and got there just as the storms started.  All the boys were whimpering and pretty shaken.  Poor Snickers :( 

Snickers5.thumb.JPG.90b8b98b0f6de066ee0cc0eeef1cbac3.JPG

Being the awesome compassionate human that she is, Rachel decided to let the boys have a delicious distraction from the storm:

RachelNikes3a.thumb.jpg.fc8cb24dc804c09f0cd00c9814bcef2f.jpg

Apparently she was not going to let the boys have these, since they are her only new pair left (she started the summer with 5 new pairs!)  But after seeing the boys so shaken and upset by the storms, she caved.  The boys all crowded around her feet and after some major chewing and slurping and growling, the nikes were wrestled right off:

RachelNikes4a.thumb.jpg.6dd299fa54d59f934db744d6c1f15cba.jpg

Grizz and Rusty stole one and ran down stairs with it, while Snickers trotted into the guest bedroom.  After a while, the storm let up and Rachel went to find the boys and her new nikes.  Grizz and Rusty had snuck out the back door and headed out to their secret sneaker chewing stash in the woods.  Rachel went into the bedroom and found Snickers:

Snickers4.thumb.JPG.c2092fd18368d33aff3589cafb5fe162.JPG

He had been lying on the bed the whole time having her new nike for yummy dessert.  All 3 of the boys just LOVE that soft chewy white leather MMMMMMmmmm. :)  It was soooo nice of Rachel to let them have her new nikes to help them get thru the storms.  The only bummer now is that she doesn't have anymore yummy pairs of new nikes left :(  Do you think she will get more? I hope!

Simka

Oh bless you all, that thunder can certainly be noisy! If that was Rachel's last pair of nikes, did she Go home barefooted? [emoji33]

Archived