The truth behind 'designer dogs'

Emma

I found this information online and found it an interesting read.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/how-buying-teacup-and-hypoallergenic-dogs-contributes-to-puppy-mills/

it's something that crops up in various places quite a lot and some people honestly are fooled  into believing that they're getting something 'special', 'rare' or just generally 'better' to justify the hefty price tag.  😕

I adore my Bear but the difference here is that I haven't been tricked or hoodwinked in anyway to believe that she's something different from the truth.   I know what she is (cross breed, mixed breed,mutt, mongrel: call it what you like) and I love her regardless.  😍😀

Nice read... we got one of those labradoodle as a neighbour...they get very upset when I say it is just a mongrel....they paid a fair amount of money for it...LOLOL

How true! These 'crossbreeds' can cost huge amounts! 

My dad bought a pedigree spaniel as a gun dog, as she grew it became obvious she was a cross with a patterdale ( the breeders had both types) Turns out a bitch can carry puppies from more than one dad! All the other puppies were true spaniels, just Lucy was a mix, he got alot of mickey taking from his other farmer friends but 13 years on and he absolutly adores her, she is such a sweetheart!!! 

Very interesting read, I often wonder whether the breeders ever stop and think about long term consequences for these dogs, you can't just 'create' a new breed of dog and think it ends there, what about the fact that they're cross breeding health conditions of two breeds of dogs,  there's so much to consider other than how cute they look. I'm not against cross breeding, I have one myself, a GSD x husky and a husky, but it seems to be a fad that's purely motivated by monetary gain.

Tell me about it I have a Husky Cross Malamute, I was on the street saying hello to some one with some huskys and when i said what Louie s the guy was very rude saying all husky malamute crosses are nasty dangerous dogs other than he may have had one that was iffy from a bad background and didnt know how to correct it but that means ALL are nasty.

My dog is not nasty has never shown an agressive bone in his body, infact he even plays with a puppy in the park and other pure malamutes with no issues he is so laid back i call him a Stoner dog

what are those old sayings

A wise man buys an animal from the fool that raises them

A fool and thier money are soon parted

Archived