Spay/neuter

Guardian_Zer0

Just curious when you guys had this done to your dogs did you notice if they calmed down at all?

Willow will be getting spayed next month and I'm really hoping that she's keeps the high energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Ours were done around 4 to 5 months I believe. Niko calmed somewhat but Kira at 4 yrs old now is still a wild and spunky thing lol. What amazed me with her was day 1 she was in pain and hiding aftet the surgery. Day 2 she was leaping around like usual.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Mine were done at 7 and 9 months, I'm not sure what Koda was like before he was neutered but it didn't change Astro at all. He is a lot calmer now he's nearly 4, but I don't know if that's down to age or neutering

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update.

I took Willow in yesterday for surgery and everything went routinely! They also placed her microchip while she was asleep (According to the guy helping the vet they like to do it while they're asleep so the person doing it doesn't feel bad about placing the needle in them lol.)

But other than that all is well and she will be coming home tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

the is good news..first time I have heard that about the microchip injection LOL  all mine have had them done without...

So she was spayed and got the microchip? I was thinking about microchipping mine as well. How old is she? Kira got over the spay surgery very quickly and I imagine Willow will too. Kira had a bad first day but day 2 she was back to her old self.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

the is good news..first time I have heard that about the microchip injection LOL  all mine have had them done without...

Same for me. He said they usually do them while they're awake but the people doing it feel so bad because it's such a large needle lol. Compassion for the animals which is definitely a good thing.

So she was spayed and got the microchip? I was thinking about microchipping mine as well. How old is she? Kira got over the spay surgery very quickly and I imagine Willow will too. Kira had a bad first day but day 2 she was back to her old self.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

She turned six months today. They kept her overnight just to keep an eye on her but I called before they closed just to check in and they said she was still a little groggy from the medicine but she has been walking around a little and eaten dinner.

The microchip they offer was pretty neat. The company they get them from offer a $20 a month charge (if you want it) so let's say Willow was to run away from home and she ended up in another state the company would fly me out there to pick her and take me home at no charge.

Thats service for you! Its now law here to have your dog chipped, not sure how easy it will be to enforce it tho, Amys going to be spayed mid june half way thro her cycle, hoping she recovers quick as I'm dreading trying to keep her calm while she heals!!! [emoji15]

Thats service for you! Its now law here to have your dog chipped, not sure how easy it will be to enforce it tho, Amys going to be spayed mid june half way thro her cycle, hoping she recovers quick as I'm dreading trying to keep her calm while she heals!!! [emoji15]

I believe they want to do the same where I live but like you said it's going to be a challenge to enforce. In reality though it's not a bad thing to have! You never know what could happen.

Willow seems to be pretty mellow at the moment she's playing and doing her usual routine which is nice. She's whimpered a few times which is my fault entirely, when I was putting her in the car I failed to notice where they shaved her leg for the IV and lifted her by that area. Other than that though she hasn't messed with the stitches at all which I'm completely surprised by but hopefully when she's home alone she doesn't start that up.

Her toy obsession is what's going to help me in the long run lol. She doesn't have many toys outside other than a rope and ball but she'd rather grab her sticks she has hidden and carry them around.

The two I had from puppies were both neutered at 4 months of age.  I didn't notice any difference in either of their hyperness.  Nikko is just as hyper today as he was at 6 months of age and he's 5 1/2!  Glad everything went well!

Archived