Pictures of husky friendly yard

HuskyNC

Hi,

As you can see by my earlier post, I'm concerned about the yard space for my future dog.

For now, I think I will go with the stake however, I always imagined that I can let my puppy out to the yard in the morning and have him play there while I get ready for work.

I'm exploring fencing options to do next summer, I really do not want those 6 ft tall privacy fences. My backyard is quite wooded and it feels like a forest so I would hate to close it out.

Would you please post the pictures of your yard and fence? Would love to get some ideas that would allow me to have a safe environment for the dog while keeping my forest yard feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Hi a 6 foot fence really isn't that high, you will still be able to see the trees behind it. Astro's dad got over 6 foot fences so they had to get an 8 foot fence! But most people have a 6 foot fence and it's ok. I never leave my dogs in my back garden unattended, I don't trust them to not jump over the fence!

Unfortunately you will need a solid fence to keep them in, there's no way around that. You could get a stake but if you've got squirrels etc bouncing round that's not a good combination!

I've got fields behind my house and my fence is painted green (for now) which blends in quite nicely. I can still enjoy the views from upstairs!

You could always fence off a smaller area and have your own little area behind the fence if you want to still be able to sit and enjoy it

It's in their nature to look for an escape route, I used to have a lovely flowery garden, huskies are notorious diggers so I've had to slab it, no fun when it's raining and they're full of mud! I have a wall around my garden and I've had to add fencing on the top as Cai managed to jump from my garden onto next doors shed, he didn't jump off the shed he was watching the neighbours cat opposite.

It's in their nature to look for an escape route, I used to have a lovely flowery garden, huskies are notorious diggers so I've had to slab it, no fun when it's raining and they're full of mud! I have a wall around my garden and I've had to add fencing on the top as Cai managed to jump from my garden onto next doors shed, he didn't jump off the shed he was watching the neighbours cat opposite.

My goodness...handful!

I'll try and take some pictures of my parents garden later , they have the grass and decking fenced off and the dogs get the path and driveway for play/toilet , they are allowed on the grass but only when supervised to stop them wrecking it lol

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

this is our garden big hedge with wire fence grown in it on the right and back., on the left 6' fence and about 30 cms in front of that a lower wire fence so that it does not make it easy to jump over it, Bindi could do that very easy...

58d0d571e12f8_gardenright.thumb.jpg.97b8f568128e9cf1cc3eb50a46b21d1e.jpg58d0d57740fa7_gardenleft.thumb.jpg.c112d8deb77eeb9198881dac82c959ad.jpg

2 minutes ago, Maz51 said:

www.successdogs.com. . Training is and can be fun time. Helps bonding too. 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

yes this Jean has a nice yard pics....really nice.... just a shame that we cannot see them...:D

Archived