Husky Training Collars

heru

I have a 12 month old husky. He is very smart and energetic, but he doesn't like to listen when called to come back and is very hard for me to train. A friend of mines suggested trying a dog training shock collar. I am not a fan of those things, but he said that you don't necessarily have to use the shock button, you can just use the vibrate button. Any suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Are you calling him to come back when he's off his lead or just calling him in general?
I wouldn't use a shock collar personally, Husky's aren't like regular dogs, they are very intelligent free thinking dogs, training is an ongoing process but they learn quickly.
There is no quick fix solution, just time and patience and you will have an amazing companion.

Huskies should not be let off lead, they have a very unreliable recall (read the letting huskies off lead topic in Main Chat - Stickies section and you will understand why).

Shock collars are a big no, you can't shock a dog into doing what you want. Those kind of training methods will lead to a nervous dog and then aggression. There's a reason why they are banned in many countries

agree with the above...but am wondering in what situation you mean there is no recall??

this is the sticky Rachael is talking about.  

www.successdogs.com
Start at the beginning.
Lure
Capture
Reward
Pups should be started on training asap. That way they learn through reward and focus.
Even mum starts on them early when they get over rough and tumble or won't go to sleep!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Dogmatic from Snowpaws. Measure correctly as per instructions. . The neck size is important as is nose tip to behind ears so do allow for growth.. or sell smaller one off for next size up.. after three different ones this works great on my big ones.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived