RE: leave!

Arjun 2016

Driving me crazy. Arjun is now just over 5 months and is slowly forgetting commands! He is too distracted on walks and even sit is hard!

We are careful that he doesn't pick up anything but once he does ge ignores leave even though at home with toys etc he drops instantly. The only way to get it out is to open his jaw ans put fingers inside his mouth. But he is now locking his jaw and them teeth hurt even though he isn't putting force into it.

Any ideas how to get him to drop...treats aren't helping either.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Husky Owners mobile app

www.successdogs.com
Get cracking on the early 'focus' training.. move on to more stuff once he's watching you and listening. But do watch the videos...
Positive reward training - always.
Jean Cote comes back pretty fast if you have issues - he has a husky & a collie. xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

I did leave with a collar and a short leash...as soon as 1 of them started going to something on the road a short tug and leave...then a praise high pitch voice no treats...just kept doing that and now it is just a quick leave and they do and again a praise...leave is one of my commands they do not get a treat just high pitch praise...

www.successdogs.com
Get cracking on the early 'focus' training.. move on to more stuff once he's watching you and listening. But do watch the videos...
Positive reward training - always.
Jean Cote comes back pretty fast if you have issues - he has a husky & a collie. xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Il take a look thanks.

I did leave with a collar and a short leash...as soon as 1 of them started going to something on the road a short tug and leave...then a praise high pitch voice no treats...just kept doing that and now it is just a quick leave and they do and again a praise...leave is one of my commands they do not get a treat just high pitch praise...

Why no treat out of interest?

I found that with them picking up food and other stuff and then changing it with food that mine where picking up more just to get a treat...who says Huskies are dumb...and with the praise I was getting the same effect, in a way the same as to why people do clicker training...

I would hold skyla's nose so she had to open her mouth , when she did I'd say drop n praise her

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Lol really? Hold the nose how?

I found that with them picking up food and other stuff and then changing it with food that mine where picking up more just to get a treat...who says Huskies are dumb...and with the praise I was getting the same effect, in a way the same as to why people do clicker training...

I see

I see

Just gently hold the nostrils shut so they have to open the mouth after I'd say drop I'd then tell them to leave n keep them walking they now don't even try to pick things up , I could walk past a chicken bone on the floor n they'll now ignore it

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived