Ticks in the uk

Emma

1 hour ago, Rachael_Astro said:

I heard this on the radio this morning! How on earth could you check for tics in husky fur though :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very easy  and that is why they are hard to detect...I find them mainly above the eyes...behind the ears..

blame global warming as the winters have been warm the last couple years and we havent had a long extended below freezing period a lot of things didnt get killed off like they normaly would do,

they have had a issue with slugs and other pests

Funny you say that as I was looking at advantix myself earlier on. Currently using fiprotec as its cheaper but I know that the lady from pets at home said that the active ingredient in frontline is what fiprotec is based on and that frontline is considered by some to not be a strong enough drug, hence why it was dropped as being prescription only. To be fair she was also trying to flog me that 'subscribe and save' flea treatment deal that they send you through the post each month, so her agenda wasn't entirely unbiased. But it did ring true.

frontline have changed their ingredients and it is not s strong as it used to be...that is why I have gone to advantix and I pay for 3 dogs for 6 months when ordering online € 99,-

oh and I do think this is important...if you take a tick of twist it anticlock wise...the other thing you can use, a bit more difficult with a husky, is drown a tick with oil or liquid soap...

Thanks. yeah so far this year we've had one tick to deal with and I managed to twist it off (then scream and drop it on the floor and jump on the chair whilst Paul shouted something rude at me and crawled around the floor trying to find it to get rid) [emoji23]

It's been a long time since we last had a tick on the pets, such a rare occurrence so it takes me a while to compute when I feel one on them.

Brooke has a benign lump that's now a fairly large size on her side. When it first grew it looked very much like a tick and so I tried to twist it off. Needless to say, I soon realised my error and she was really unimpressed with me, so I try to be more open minded before going in for the kill now, lol.

Archived