good or bad idea?

jrzl

I am researching getting a husky pup and have been fro about a yr and a half. i would like to have one by the end of this year. I currently have 4 adult chihuahuas and im unsure whether they will get on. but i have been offered another chihuahua puppy later on in this year too. (it will be show quality & i have always wanted a show quality chi to show) But i was wondering if a husky pup & chi pup would get along together as the chi will only be around 1lb (the husky & chi will be around the same age). this worries me because of the prey drive and rough play. what is your opinion about owning the 2 pups at the same time.

thanks in advance

:)

i would want to wait until the chi was fully grown, husky pups (and adults!) love to play, and they play rough... id seriously worry about a sibe pup hurting a fully grown chi... let alone a pup...

have you thought about getting a less neurotic older sibe from rescue? you could get one which is used to smaller dogs, might be more suitable

im not sure bout havin 2 pups at the same time - sum1 else will b able 2 give u advice on that 1 but if a sibe is brought up with small dogs from a pup u shudnt have many problems i wud however keep an eye on them when they are playing, running around ect as the sibe is gonna b alot bigger than ur chis - specially if ur gettin a chi pup too - also i wudnt leave them alone together - which is where crate training will come in handy :) - sorry i cnt b much help other ppl will b able to help more as i know there are sum ppl on here who have chis and chi crosses with sibes and they get on fine :)

also welcome to the pack :)