''3 legs'' (cat)

Frenchie

So last night I came back to my dads and was welcomed by some heartbreaking news that ''3 pattes'' (3 legs), a cat we rescued a month ago had taken a turn for the worse.

He made his final journey to the bridge on his blanket by my bed while being petted and loved until the end.

3 pattes as he became known, was a stray cat that was always around the house, he was lame for a while (hence how he got the nickname 3 legs) but did make a full recovery, a month ago we found him very weak in the grass.

We just couldn't leave him there, and bought him to the vets, when they asked us his name we had nothing else than 3 legs (in French) and thats how he became known.

We learned that he was well over 10 years old (Closer to 15), with hardly any teeth left (3 at the front and the back ones) and a nasty bronchite (not sure on translation sorry), after treatement and 5 days of isolation and little 3 legs made a great recovery, he had obviously been in a home environement before as he was litter trained and went straight for the cushions when let out, he was severely underweight but had a great appetite and managed to put on a little weight.

This brave little kitty had absolutely no fear of the crazy husky and to her credit Mishka was so gentle with him.

I soon found them curled up together, and when I went to Paris a couple of weeks ago I got updates from my dad telling me the only way Mishka sleeps by herself at night is when the cat is with her. (Mishka is usually always in the same room as me)

Yestersday, 3 legs took a turn for the worse, he has become paralized and cannot even get himself to the litter tray (even though he really does try).

He accepted hand fed food this morning, but is not taking in anymore food or water tonight.

I am just glad he got to know comfort and love again, even if it was for a short time, I am glad he got to curl up in a bed at night and purr himself to sleep, I am glad we didn't let him die by himself a month ago.

Maybe he knew now, that he didn't have to worry anymore and he could let go and rest peacefully at last.

Mishka and I will miss you dearly.

522a5f2b022b29ae8f534f47f937cdc8.jpg

First night home..

bb88c79b60292386bd9854be96a0fe28.jpg

When he was better.

d9c9eee1e56e243f6cd4bf7e215f647a.jpg

Happy days.

a2996a7c411c221fc82e030b4f5fdaaf.jpg

With Mishka

d7e0694d88fce5dcd45ee2a607f23b26.jpg

Mishka stuck close by him yesterday, and about 2 minutes before he passed she gave him a final lick and walked away...

So sorry for your loss Margot.   Like you said, it's great he got to spend his final days feeling loved and content.   

Run free over the bridge trois pattes.   :rainbowbridge:  

Thank you Emma.

We knew we wouldn't have years with him due to his age, but he was so loving we got attached from the first day... But yes its what we tell ourselves. :)