harness for a horse ;-p

Val (Zebedee)

OK, maybe not a horse, but for Diesel! He is rapidly growing out of his XL size harness & I am struggling to find an XXL anywhere. I need one that would fit a mal or St Bernard type dog as his chest is now too big for the 28" to 38" size recommended for a rottie / mastiff / newfoundland. I would also like a more 'substantial' looking one as the harness we use is the normal webbing type, but looks to thin on him, not that he's ever snapped one or anything (more cosmetic & vanity on my part, really!! :D )

If you have any ideas, I would appreciate them :)

their XL looks to be bigger than the size I have currently (700 - 950 mm), theirs is

XL

77 +

482 - 813

584 - 1016

Golden Retriever, Saluki, Alsation

although he's bigger than a GSD or retriever ... (104 lbs at the last weigh-in) - that seems to give me about another 2 - 2.5 inches around his girth .... are ezydog only an online product or are there any stores that sell them to try one on (as I know no-one else has a horse for a husky!!:blink::D ) ?

Thanks for the link, tho', Saz, worth looking into for him (+1)

Not sure that is the correct url as it is for : Bear Hunts, Whitetail Deer Hunts, Elk Hunts, Wolf Hunts and Ground Squirrel/Gopher Hunts with Alpine Outfitters, Alberta Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Not always on theme with dog lovers, expect for fans of gun dogs wink.gif

I think it was supposed to be: www.alpineoutfitters.net

Not sure that is the correct url as it is for : Bear Hunts, Whitetail Deer Hunts, Elk Hunts, Wolf Hunts and Ground Squirrel/Gopher Hunts with Alpine Outfitters, Alberta Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Not always on theme with dog lovers, expect for fans of gun dogs wink.gif

I think it was supposed to be: www.alpineoutfitters.net

Oops! You are right! Sorry I did it in a hurry, I should have double-checked first!

Off of www.sleddogcentral.com I also found these UK distributors of harnesses (bear in mind though I have never dealt with them so know nothing about their quality)

http://www.culpeppers.co.uk/

http://www.cudosrigs.co.uk/NewEquipment/equipment.htm

Ask Karley (Huskamute help) to make you one... she made me one for Nukka and its really lovely and very sturdy and you get to pick your own colours and stuff also shes not very expensive at all to say its all hand made to your request! Plus I know she has huskamutes of her own that will be bigger than your average husky boy and she uses her own harnesses so I bet she'd have no trouble making one to fit Big D! biggrin.gif

thanks for the links, everyone, added to rep, will have a mooch through them & see what's out there ... I much prefer recommendations after experience with something like this, I need to know it won't unravel or anything when he decides to pull after a squirrel or something! :lol: :lol:

:D thanks, Ren, no, I deffo don't need a pulling harness for Diesel, unless we have more snow & need the car dragging out again!! :lol: it was a normal walking harness I was after, I should have made that clear, sorry! but thanks for the info, thought I'd have to get in touch with Chester Zoo for an elephant harness or something!! :lol: :lol: