Bringing your new pup home

aronoiiel

I hope this is the right place if not please feel free to move it ^_^ What would everyone consider the best way to introduce my new puppy into our home? It's still a few weeks out but I keep reading contradictory things online so I figured I get some good opinions here ^_^ I know alot depends on the individual personalities of the two dogs but I wanna make sure I do this right because I know day one is one of the most important. I know she's going to be tired and a little freaked from her flight so I most deffinately don't want to overwhelm her anymore than she will already be. Any suggestions would be most welcome ^_^

Have the two dogs outside when they meet. Let them get acuainted, with a lead on each. Keep control of the situation, give them plenty of time. If things start to move in a direction you don't like, gently and calmly put some distance between both dogs. Then re-introduce them once things have calmed down. Could not read all of your post, due to it disappearing on me (believe it to be IE7). That's how we introduced our son's Aussie to Zoya when our son moved back home. They are the best of friends now.