Still The Boss

16?? Wow, that's crazy! I'm not a cat person myself but my mother/stepdad has one, every time I take Loki to visit she's always the one initiating the chases. I dunno where the whole huskies can't get on with cats thing came from  :huh:

She keeps him under control too :D

IMG_20141005_111310.jpg

I was really worried about getting dogs due to my cats age and especially huskies with there reputation with cats but it's the other way round lol .... myia and diesel only have to sniff or walk past the grumpy bugger and he sucker slaps them lol (never uses claws) but he thinks it's fine to walk over them or sniff there bits lol x

Huskies in general have a very high prey drive that makes them chase whatever is running. When that 'whatever is running' is your other pet, their game might not be so cute. That's why this breed is not recommended for cat owners :)

Each individual varies though. Mine is notorious for letting Duo, 'my' Tortoiseshell feral, clean his food AND water bowls right under his nose. But then again there have also been stories about Huskies that live peacefully with a cat for years, until one day prey drive kicked in. It's a gamble, kind of like letting your Husky off-leash. The question is, of course, whether it's a gamble you want to play. That's why Duo never is and never will be legitimately 'mine'. I do look out for her though :) x

So! This is the cat that I called 'looks like a fennec fox' earlier, huh? :D doesn't look old at all xx

Huskies in general have a very high prey drive that makes them chase whatever is running. When that 'whatever is running' is your other pet, their game might not be so cute. That's why this breed is not recommended for cat owners :)

Each individual varies though. Mine is notorious for letting Duo, 'my' Tortoiseshell feral, clean his food AND water bowls right under his nose. But then again there have also been stories about Huskies that live peacefully with a cat for years, until one day prey drive kicked in. It's a gamble, kind of like letting your Husky off-leash. The question is, of course, whether it's a gamble you want to play. That's why Duo never is and never will be legitimately 'mine'. I do look out for her though :) x

So! This is the cat that I called 'looks like a fennec fox' earlier, huh? :D doesn't look old at all xx

Completely agree x as much as I trust my dogs with him if I go out the cat either goes to bed with door shut or goes out for a hour but normally the first option as he's old and lazy now lol .... I look at it like I wouldn't leave a child alone with my dogs so why would I my cat .... have also heard about dogs being fine for years and years so there's always that chance like with anything in life and yes he's the one lol was 16 September going a bit wobbly at times due to age but other than that he's still fighting fit and the boss [emoji4] [emoji4]

Yeah I wouldn't leave him in the house with the cat either. I got Loki when I was still living with them so he basically grew up with that cat, but I don't have to worry about it anymore. When we visit the cat usually drinks out of his water bowl, he kinda just stares at her in disgust :D

Edited by Thingz

Yeah I wouldn't leave him in the house with the cat either. I got Loki when I was still living with them so he basically grew up with that cat, but I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Myia was 8 wks old when she came and diesel 4 months so they kinda grew and still growing up with him x