Rig and permits

Ok so it looks like the forestry commission may be putting a stop to people training in the forest which then make our next nearest forest would be the New Forest which, depending where they will allow us to mean a longer journey and the possibility that we would have to wait even longer to get a permit as I would think people from Hampshire and Wiltshire would also apply for permits there too.

I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere that would allow us to train without a permit and with just public liability insurance?

Ive got a rig

Jamie is going to ask his mate, who's dad owns some farmland, if we can use an empty field but its waiting for jamie to ring him rolleyes.gif

Good luck with it, hope you find somewhere. A local farmer has a 12 acre field right next to my back yard, he said yesterday that I could run the dogs in it while the grass isn't growing. Off I went, with the rig and 2 dogs. I thought the rig was going to fall apart, the ground is so bumpy in there, still managed to go round it twice and then take a 4 dog team outlaugh.gif Just be careful, I thought it would be a perfect place to train, didn't look that uneven at all, but I won't be going in there again.

Good luck with it, hope you find somewhere. A local farmer has a 12 acre field right next to my back yard, he said yesterday that I could run the dogs in it while the grass isn't growing. Off I went, with the rig and 2 dogs. I thought the rig was going to fall apart, the ground is so bumpy in there, still managed to go round it twice and then take a 4 dog team outlaugh.gif Just be careful, I thought it would be a perfect place to train, didn't look that uneven at all, but I won't be going in there again.

I can believe that. I used to help out on a farm during lambing season and the land there was alot more uneven than it looked laugh.gif I think it would be a good idea to try an dget some farm land first as Im expecting to come off a few times so atleast if I do come off the field would be fenced and hopefully with the rig on the beack of them they wont be able to jump the fence!

I can believe that. I used to help out on a farm during lambing season and the land there was alot more uneven than it looked laugh.gif I think it would be a good idea to try an dget some farm land first as Im expecting to come off a few times so atleast if I do come off the field would be fenced and hopefully with the rig on the beack of them they wont be able to jump the fence!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Pics please. I bet they'd give it a good go at jumping the fence thoughbiggrin.gif

If I could afford to go there I would! One place I would really love to go smile.gif

would move to canada also if my work was available over there, unfortunately not, no transfer to canada in afraid, plus it is dragging the kids from school when they really dont want to go!

regarding permits, were are they stopping them? we have not heard of anything here in our part of england.

we have to travel over an hour for our F.C land. one nearer to home, about 20 mins away, but an 8yr waiting list, or till someone dies!unsure.gif

we know of a lot of permit holders having numerous different permits scattered around the country and they may only attend once or twice a year. a little unfair in my eyes as there is someone closer to home could make FULL use of that permit.

Unfortuantely were you live does not give presidence over who actually gets them, and who can renew them.

• 1 month later...

We havn't had the threat of permit removal, but have just had a letter through from FC stating they may increase the fee to cover the cost of extra cleaning because of the selfish element who seem to think it's someone elses job to clear up after their dogs (which we had to do last week :angry:)

We only have one permit, which covers two venues (the second only has 6 permit holders, and while they don't plan to stop the existing users, 4 of which have used it for years, they will not issue any extra permits for that area)

You don't have to go quite as far as overseas, just go north! Ever heard of the Scottish 'right to roam' law ;)

• 2 months later...

Permits are a scam

why does the town get money for people going into the woods!

Or using a beach?

I get that they need money to keep it clean but they take it out in our taxes.

I live in new York on the east end of longisland.

You need a permit to park at the beach and another one to drive on the beach

and only then you have to wait till five pm to use it.

And! Most beaches don't let you bring a dog on it. Wth

and the woods on longisland are no better. It's all "protected" so you can't even get a permit to go in. So you run the risk of being fined. Only free thing is the park, but parks are lame.

I don't want to sound cheap but it's not the money that kills me. It's the hours of operations of the town centers who issue the permits. They are open when people are at work. So you need to take a day off work to get a permit.