Pictures Of Gangline On Dogs

Maz51

Hi can anyone show pics of hookups, gangline, safety clips, side by side 'A' connector for two to run as a pair...please and the names. Incl collar safety clips in case of things coming off...

I will need another harness for Eski, and then the caboodle to get them with the correct gear to pull scooter or bike ride.

My Bro is bringing a TugNTow wirh him hopefully in October - it's used a lot in US & Australia but not as widely in UK - anyone know any more on this?

Also what basic lines to 'walk' them out in front of me for training...Chester is v good now but Eski is scatty!! I'm hoping he will help teach her as he responds to my calls.

Who's got good stuff but not most expensive...?

Last night both out together first time - (both on long leads (in collar/halti) to keep in front of me). C walked good E was zigzagging trying to sniff..her eyes are everywhere but in front... -_-

Eventually she settled and both ignored 'sniff interests' on 'go-by' (they'd been playing most of the day in between enforced rests in crate one at a time so fairly tired).

Steady, whoa (stop) at every cure and Chester doing the right turns either making her follow or pushing her to the left...☺

Budget tight but I will get the gear to move on... it's just confusing...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I would run with 2 dogs side by side with a normal neck collar and a neck line  between them. and use a good quality x-back harness they do not need to be expensive gbp 15  2 dog gangline gbp 10  neckline gbp 4  total gbp 44  from Indi-dog and if you use the tug n Tow you are done...

on the pic just forget the teamdogs and leaddogs and you will see what you get.

post-6001-0-38863400-1410943488_thumb.jp

Hiya

Well... my bro is treating me to this so I can't complain - the idea was attractive that I did not need to watch my line/s but could enjoy the scenery too with the dogs - when I get the rig as well! lol

I only plan to have the harness like the picture with Chester and was told I did not need x-backs!

Arctic Quest also told me this would be fine which is what I went an ordered.

I will measure Eski in a bit once she's bulked up a bit as she is very light at 25.10 kg...and feels bony and without a lot of muscle. 

All the running around is doing her good as she can access outside anytime via flap. She's also eating more each day too. 

Ongoing training is everyday and she can now sit immediately, say woof for please, wait before eating and shake a paw.

She's just starting on right and left spins for Gee and Yaw.

Tonight she beat Chester in woof! for please for the treats I held!!

I do not know what type of harness you have but do know that if your harness has a clip near the tail you can use it for pulling...if the clip is near the shoulders it is only good for running and cycling not pulling hard...

NOW I'm getting somewhere - thanks Robke!

Chester's harness has two D rings - one over his withers - on fixed section that encircles neck/breast bone cross over up to withers; and the other is behind his shoulders which would appear to 'connect in pull' with 'sternum' strap which comes off breast bone, under and between front legs, and then splits to clip to strap encircling chest which sits around lower re cage.

One D ring round from breast bone on withers and a second D ring about 6-8" back which sits about mid back level.

(So, this rear ring would appear to give the weight ratio /pull spread from breast bone and around his rib cage, whereas the front D ring over withers is more for close-to walking or say a bike or walking as the pull is from closer and higher (by hand eg).

Def not x-back which I know goes to tail.

There is also a safety clip strap off the centre back line to either clip to his collar (when I'm walking him in this) or to clip to my long rein - which I clip to the rear D ring when I'm walking 5 feet behind him on long rein.

I clip to his collar on short lead walking with lead on front D ting but, it feels odd because if my long rein separates then there's no secondary attachment (to it) and I've lost 'contact' however if the harness separates, I have no 'contact' via collar if I clip to my long rein!

Both Arctic Quest & Kerri Hooner said this was fine for him to pull a bike (trike) rig, or scooter. And he proved absolutely on a trial run out with Vickie on a trike rig.

His size and height made up for this. He could happily pull two of me (95kg) apparently - he's 39.96kg.

Eski is only an inch shorter but weighs 25.10 kg so needs building up and muscling up too and I'd hope she'd finish at around the 30-35 kg mark when fully fed-up..she's quite bony to feel under her thick fur and certainly not muscled - nor run on a long rein for exercise or let off much either.

I was told x-back not required given his size and strength....and I'd only ever run him singly or with a side by side partner.

Now confused.

I never intended for him to run by a bike or with me on foot..(don't be silly...me run now?) and the harness would double up for me either walking on long rein, closer to or to pull. ?

I used to run weekly 15m runs as a teen with "Hash House Harriers' in the lands and jungles of Borneo chasing or laying shredded paper trails....THAT was fun! Esp getting lost in the swamps in monsoon season....(another story).

you have me confuselled as well LOL  do you have a pic of this harness?

I would be so careful with using a incorrect harness can do a lot of damage IMO does not matter how big or heavy the dog is it will use it's strength to pull from i's whole body and esp it's back legs...just look at the pro's all that I have seen use x-back's nothing else...

Will do..early time at mo...just fed and medicated my furrever patients..now brekey, shower...v late last night - 2 am! Catching up on emails and deleting a near full inbox!

Is there a dry-land mushing club in your area? Next winter I will be joining one here, I have been to some of their meets and you get a lot of great info. To me this is an activity that requires careful guidance. 

X-backs also seem to be the only type of harness they use. Often these clubs will have 2nd hand gear to buy or someone who will measure and make up a custom harness for your dog. There are some 200 members in the local club, one of which successfully completed the Iditarod last year.

I know that many harnesses, including Julius K9 (which I have) say they are fine for pulling activities but I don't believe they make a good choice for mushing. My point is, stick with what the experts and club members use. :)

OK noted...

I'm just a bit peeved at splashing out on something I would've sorted later for the 'lighter work'...ie walking, camping etc...

OK I now have some pics of Chester's harness.  I have not posted pics in this format before - how?? pls.

Easy on phone but where is the paper clip or '+' to add a picture? I need to take from my PC picture folder to insert....

So tired...hope someone comes back quick pls...

OK found it - had to 'reply' into this topic not go from reply box - no paper clip in there or below....

Hope you can see these.

Off to bed - after shower....must sleep.

Night all.

post-12296-0-92332600-1411159865_thumb.j

post-12296-0-67300700-1411159886_thumb.j

Ok..All - thank you.Bit peeved as this wasn't cheap @ £38!

I guess I'll get one for Eski to walk in and maybe they'll run beside a bicycle but, I'm a bit wary doing this with her too busy looking everywhere but ahead!. Maybe the fact I'm going faster than walking, they'll concentrate on going wirh me and just keeping up at a steady trot, not flat out run - this will build up fitness and stamina for starters.... but if Indi-Dogs do a harness like this a bit cheaper it will help.

I've just bought a normal walking 'coupler' for them. I have a 10' lunge rein which is a least a start on training Eski with Chester.

Next will be nonslip flat collars and when I can afford a rig/scooter I'll get the gang lines and stuff in sky blue & purple for them plus couplers suitable.

Any 2nd hand scooters/trike rigs going? ☺ lol