9 Month Old Purebred Siberian Husky Weight & Height

My pup Moony is only turned 9 months old 7 days ago and he got weighed in at 30kg (66lbs) already over the average weight of a full grown male as well as height, from ground to top of withers he's 27inches so that's around 68cm. Does anyone else know or own a husky that's like this. He doesn't look overweight either and I can still feel his ribs. He loves exercise and doesn't seem to eat anything in the morning anymore just at night.

My pup Moony is only turned 9 months old 7 days ago and he got weighed in at 30kg (66lbs) already over the average weight of a full grown male as well as height, from ground to top of withers he's 27inches so that's around 68cm. Does anyone else know or own a husky that's like this. He doesn't look overweight either and I can still feel his ribs. He loves exercise and doesn't seem to eat anything in the morning anymore just at night.

My 9 month old Husky, Ghost is just over 14kg - I think she's unusually small for her age thou, Id love to know the average too anyone knows?

I don't know about averages for pups.  I do know however that my Ice is well over the breed standard for both height and weight as an adult.  He's around 34kg and I can't remember how tall exactly, but somewhere around 27/29 inches from withers to the floor.  He's healthy and happy.   :)

My 9 month old Husky, Ghost is just over 14kg - I think she's unusually small for her age thou, Id love to know the average too anyone knows?

There is no exact way to create a general average. Each dog differs, depending on their breeding line and of course the parents. I think the best way to get a fully-grown height/weight estimate is to ring your breeder.

There is no exact way to create a general average. Each dog differs, depending on their breeding line and of course the parents. I think the best way to get a fully-grown height/weight estimate is to ring your breeder.

Thanks Emma, unfortunately we don't know anything of her past as she was abandoned at 3/4 months (she's a rescue dog), She's still 'in recovery' as were trying to feed her up a bit and treat her for mange, so I guess it will be a surprise as to how she develops! Do you know of what age they tend to be fully grown?  :)

I'm Liv LOL Emma is our crazy mod up there :P usually they stop growing at around age 2 :) x oh and yay for rescuing! Mine is a rescue too :D

Doh! Sorry LIV!! (Im still getting used to the forum  :redface1: !!)

2 years- thanks for that. Diamond is super cute btw! :D

xx

and how tall? :o

I haven't measure her height yet, but she looks proportional to me and she is purebred. She is big girl with big parents (65 pound mom and 65 pound dad). She is in a litter of only TWO pups, she didn't need to compete for milk in childhood...... i need to worry about the height of my fence now.....

Here's our adopted 2 year old who's small and could fit under our 18 month foster here (now gone to adopted home). So some are very large (23+ kg) and some are really quite dinky (16 kg) - never measured their height

post-1633-0-30483900-1404842775.jpg