Performance Tweaks

Marc

Hi Guys,

Just to let you guys know you may see a few changes that look unusual over the next few hours as I have a play around with some of the graphics, layout, loadtimes etc on the site and try to improve the performance of the site in general.

For me at least the site seems to be loading very quickly, however some have said that it is loading rather slowly and I think this may be a difference in connection speeds.

The snow animation has now been removed from the top of the forum as this will def have been an area which would slow the site somewhat, and I have also increased the reload time for the shoutbox to 1 min. I know some of you chat pretty much retime in there however this is not what the shoutbox is for at the end of the day. If you want to chat realtime please use the chatroom provided for this purpose.

OK peeps, I have been playin around with the site for quite a while tonight to see if I can tweak some of the areas that may have slowed the site down for some. You should see a lot faster load times on most parts of the forum, however please let me know if you see any issues anywhere as always :)

Like I said before I have no probs with the speed of the forum but then am on 20MB line, as for the shoutbox you could replace it with a big banner link straight to the chat room I think it would get used then like on the old forum and that would speed it up alot for those on a slower net work connection smile.gif