Trimming nails

Hock

We have a rotary nail trimmer, and it's almost impossible to trim the dew claws with it. We most often use a clipper. Can't tell you what kind it is or where we got it. We've had it for about 20 years. Zoya is outside and runs quite abit, so about the only nails we have to trim are her dew claws.

Aloha Hock,

We have a Rotary trimmer, they are okay but they take a real long time, we also have a pair of standard nail trimmers. what we currently are doing is use the standard trimmer to cut the nails then use the rotary one to round them off so that the edges are not sharp. We also looked into getting a Dremmil tool, because they seem to work a lot better. one of them was recomended to me by our breeder. She uses that and said it works a lot better then the rotary one they sell.

kodah nails are very short and i never have to trim them cause he is always outside on the cement pool deck grinding them down, but my other dog buddy have eagle talon nails!! lol i try to cut them but he cries like a baby so i just choose to take him to a groomer ,not sure whats happend in the past , maybe last owner or groomer hurt him.(

I've never had to trim my boys nails, walking on a hard surface keeps them short