Graduate School

sammybeans

So I graduated last year from Northern Illinois University with my Bachelor of Science degree in Family and Individual Development with a minor in Japanese and a certificate in LGBT studies, and took a year off of school because I didn't get accepted to any of the graduate schools that I applied to.  Well this year I applied to six schools and got accepted in to four of them!  After narrowing down my acceptances I've decided I'm going to be attending Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon.  That's a 2,000+ mile trip from where I live now, and I'm looking for housing that will allow me to have Champ (easier said than done), I'll have to take him to a boarder for the week that I'm going to spend out there looking at places and getting a lease signed and luckily the trainer from the rescue will be happy to watch him for me.  I'm just hoping we can find a decent place that will keep us happy for the next two years, I don't want to have to move again in the middle of getting my degree...but I'm excited for this new opportunity and all the hiking areas that Champ and I will get to explore!

Congratulations!!! That's quite a distance! I've always wanted to go out West, especially the Pacific NW. Wish I had the room here id totally watch Champ for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thank you :) It is quite the distance lol, it's going to be the furthest from my Mom and siblings I've ever lived so that was something I really struggled with when making the final decision to go out there.  And he probably would have enjoyed the company of the other dogs once he got to know them, but the fact that Lisa from the rescue will be watching him makes me much more relaxed about leaving him here while I fly out there.  I was so stressed about having to leave him for a week...still am but I know she'll enjoy the time with him and he'll be comfortable with her and she'll take good care of him, may get a couple of groomings and some play time with the other rescue dogs while he's there XD