Harness question and leash recommendation

wasp

I'm looking for an easy to hook-up harness for sky can pull around a sled or a wagon and eventually me on rollerblades or something.

this one i found here seems to look good with a D ring on both sides and a handle

http://www.siberian-husky-dog-breed-store.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=147

what do you think?

As for the leash, i recently got sky a Rok straps leash. It seems they make bungee-like straps for tying stuff down but they also make them into a kick-ass leash. the main body of the leash is stretchy so it absorbs any sudden pulling. it has a nice big handle at the top and down by the latch the leash splits as to make another handle for holding the dog close. I'll try to get a picture later so you can tell what i'm talking about.

http://www.rokstraps.com/products/products.html

scroll about 5/8 of the way down. you might have better luck looking on a page trying to sell them as the manuf. site doesnt tell you much about them.

enjoy!

That looks goor for use with a waggon or something similar but if you're wanting her to pull something like a slep where you need a long line out in front of you - something like an x back harness would be better as the distribution is more evenly spread over the body :)

with the ez walk harness the bungee is just about unnecessary but i like it a lot. its very large and easy to hold onto. if she's on my right i hook my pinky through the handle right by her and hold the main loop in my left hand its almost no effort to walk her. if i grasp further away from her she'll get a bit of a lead but the ez walk pulls her toward me if she tries to go anywhere.

i think the kitten (brutus) was gonna try and walk her for sure. above the kitten you can see where sky tore up the linoleum, bad dog. i put a sticky square over where she tore up and her and sam (the pom mix) tore that up too. i can't win.

i think i'm gonna order an x-back harness for now since it makes the most sense with a sled. toward the spring i may still get that harness in the first post for rollerblading or scootering/biking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...