Oculus Rift Vr

sarahjng

Ok, I will hold my hands up and admit I'm a techno idiot,  but I also know a couple of people on here game and some are computer gods, so I'm asking has anyone tried this ? 

My boys asked for this for Christmas and I have looked at the web site, but what I understood, well anyway lol. So any advice, do/don't get it,  is there something better ?

If I could, I would buy one immediately. It's currently one of the best virtual reality headset out there. Still not 'actually' released though, they put it out for people to try and to get input from the community. The main reason they have now released a 'development kit' is so that game developers have time to build games around it. Currently there are many games supported, as well as many games made specifically for the Oculus so I'd say right now it's totally a toy worth having. People that used it have said it changes the entire gaming experience and has a great future ahead.

Apparently it's so real, there is a roller-coaster simulation on it that some people are even scared of playing it. Besides the many games supported it also seems to be a great one for horror games as it's so real. There is even a guillotine simulation out there  :blink: (Just search for it on YouTube for people's reactions)

An oculus what? Sorry I thought this was gonna be a thread about genetic eye conditions. Sounds very interesting though. Good luck to you. :D

Virtual reality headset. Here's a reaction to the rollercoaster simulator. Of course not an interactive game, but I think it explains exactly what it is just fine, as well as how real it can be  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoQ0OXJCbaE

I looked around by the way, the current version (DK1) has a low resolution screen. The next developer kit (DK2) is planned to have a much better HD screen. There is currently no release date known other then that it probably will be this year. Consumer version will probably be 2014 or later so that one is not worth waiting for. I think it would be good to be on the lookout for news on the DK2 before ordering one, since it's a pretty major upgrade from the DK1. I'm not really following the Oculus Rift news but if I happen to see an update from them I'll pass it through to you :)

Virtual reality headset. Here's a reaction to the rollercoaster simulator. Of course not an interactive game, but I think it explains exactly what it is just fine, as well as how real it can be  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoQ0OXJCbaE

I looked around by the way, the current version (DK1) has a low resolution screen. The next developer kit (DK2) is planned to have a much better HD screen. There is currently no release date known other then that it probably will be this year. Consumer version will probably be 2014 or later so that one is not worth waiting for. I think it would be good to be on the lookout for news on the DK2 before ordering one, since it's a pretty major upgrade from the DK1. I'm not really following the Oculus Rift news but if I happen to see an update from them I'll pass it through to you :)

Jo's, you are a star,  I can't wait too long though, the boy wants it for Christmas and I'm not sure how long the wait is ( or the international delivery)