Husky bedding

Ok so ive had alot of trouble with chewy and dog beds for inside his crate and Ive read that Im not the only one.

BUT...

I figured out a way to make chewys crate more comfortable for him and he likes it! I really didnt want to get another plastic crate liner/tray for his metal crate cuz Im

very sure it would start cracking again within a few weeks. I have been thinking for awhile about how to make his crate comfy again. Well apparently i figured out just the right

thing to do because he didnt try to dig it out or rip it up, or start crying about it, lol.

I took out the cracked tray, lined the bottom of it with cardboard, put a thin child blanket that we dont use ontop of the cardboard (for padding), and then put a thin Fleece blanket

that no one uses over that. I taped the blanket to the bottom of the tray and the slid it back into the crate.

He loves it and has been sleeping since I put him in there. Sadly i will have to wake him up to rinse him out in a bit, lol. Apparently this was better to him than a $45 pet

bed that I bought him last month, hahahaha.

Pack Leader: I too had challenge with bedding for Lana when i first got her. My first problems what my thoughts, knowing that puppies dont do well with betting because they tend to chew it up. That could cause him/her to choke regardless what the material is made of, however it is less likely iwth some materials than with others. That depends on how determine your do is to chewing it up.

Then there is the part with the bedding collecting massive pet hair because our dogs (huskies) love to shed more than they love to eat. Then thought had to go into how to prevent fleas from camping out in the bedding as well. I have tried many different options but i have not found a successful one other than no bedding at all with just the plastic liner at the bottom.

I tried bedding and just like i thought would happen Lana chewed up the corner. I tried 4 different materials that Pet Smart had to offer and she just didn't want anything to do with it. As far as the preventive for fleas well that too was a bit of a challenge when it came to the bedding. I used ceder chips under her bed since that is a natural flea repellent and to stay away from those nasty chemicals. Lana was mostly and indoor dog anyway. She only when out side for walks/exercises (which were on the pavement) or bathroom. We keep good care of preventing her from getting flea's

Not sure if it was the cedar she didn't like, the bedding, or the combination of the two but the bedding never survived. Thank goodness that Pet Smart has a smart return policy where if your dog doesn't like it (i.e chewed it up) we can bring it back for a refund or exchange for other things.

So i am open to any ideas that anyone has to bedding for Lana and Nanook. Right now they dont seem to mind just the plastic, but i do. I want them to be more comfortable as possible. Dang they sure enough snore loud though...lol.

Pongo only had a towel when he was a puppy since he chose to sleep mostly on the cool plastic of this crate. Now we got him a bed that is made out of almost the same material as outdoor patio furniture. It's more of a nylon feel and he doesn't try to chew it up. They also have these really nice beds in the states that are waterproof and supposed to be one of the most durable. Here's a link to it. Dog-gone smart bed