Huskymobile

beachhusky

I am stationed in North Carolina but my familiy is still in Michigan. When I went up there last time, I took my beagle lab mix and drove my pickup truck (its a standard cab Tacoma, little truck.) I put her kennel in the bed and strapped it down as close to the cab as I could with the entrance right up against the sliding rear window. This way she could either ride in the kennel or the cab. Id like to do the same with my husky, but shes a little bigger, it will be winter, and my wife will be coming with me. Will she be okay in the kennel? There shouldnt be much wind at all, but it will be december. Should I put a blanket over the kennel as well as inside? Maybe I can get my wife to ride in the kennel. Any help would be appreciated!

If you can do this, you'd better take a pic of it! :blink::lol:

I would cover the cage / kennel too, better to be safe, & tie it down. Has she travelled long distance in it before as a cover might help her settle if she hasn't?

She sleeps in the kennel every night and shes fine on truck rides, but hasnt ever been in the truck more than 45 minutes. My other dog pretty much hibernated the whole time, she was fine as long as I stopped every hour or three and walked around outside.

oh yikes that's a long journey.

I think stretching to 2 days would be easier for everyone - you'd get your rest and might even be able to sight see a little along the way :)

I know, we drive through some of the most beautiful land in the country and never have time to appreciate it. Its pretty much dependent on my wifes schedule because I am getting out of the Corps and will be unemployed for a little while after that. As both of our parents are divorced we need to make the most of our time with four sets of familiy to visit, and we never seem to have enough.