My Kids' Cockatiel Passed On

Our cockatiel, Pigeon passed away a few weeks ago. Out of nowhere, now the kids are starting to grieve and miss her. Somehow an hour after I had fed her, she got her head stuck between the wires on the bottom of her cage and she broke her neck. Unfortunately, my 7 year old daughter found her.

I was searching through my photos, but couldn't find any with the kids with her. They were too scared to ever hold her. Lol so I found some with me.

post-9409-0-03839600-1378239084_thumb.jp

post-9409-0-20814800-1378239133_thumb.jp

aw...I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I remember when my budgie died. It was just lying there on the cage floor one morning. And it was relatively young - only 5 years old, I think. I don't think it was sick, I would have taken it to the vet if it was. 

aw...I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I remember when my budgie died. It was just lying there on the cage floor one morning. And it was relatively young - only 5 years old, I think. I don't think it was sick, I would have taken it to the vet if it was.

:( oh poor thing!

Pigeon was only 10 months old. I just wish I knew what the heck she was doing sticking her head through the dang bars on the floor...