Esta & Connie

So as you know i have 2 of Robs parents dogs until Saturday the first day was an absolute nightmare with the result of a note on my door due to the level of noise. 

Now i am concerned that when i am at work she is going to create massively again. I am putting her in with Connie so that they are together in one cage now as this seemed to help slightly over night. They are silent through the night now so is a good start. My dog sitter will be coming in to let them all out the same as normal just plus two dogs so i am hoping she gets on alright as they are insane these two dogs i have warned her though.

It is an abs nightmare having them here in the future i dont think i will be doing it again i am more than happy to look after them but i will be offering to do it at their house in future where there aren't any neighbors and lots of land for them to run around in. I think this is why they are so loud as its not really been dealt with as such due to it not being an issue there. She panicks i think when you leave her so anyone got any tips on what i can do to perhaps keep it calm while im out? I cant really give them anything to chew on etc as they just have their food and thats it and obv i dont want to go against what they normally have. 

My house is looking completely trashed they jump up at all the counters and doors and sofas and literally fly at everything. I am bruised from them both smashing into me. You cannot leave food anywhere or shoes! Connie pretty much is on the go all day long and as she is also smaller she jumps on your head etc and over the dogs and here there and everywhere its mad! My two try and chill out but there is always atleast one of them on the go! Esta likes to be noisy about it to!

I also said to Rob last night that he needs to stop letting them on the sofa (the one ours are not allowed on) he said you cant stop them but tbh i think you can and it is so unfair on our two :(

Esta is constantly pinning Skye onto the floor resulting in me constantly getting up and stopping her, she is pretty good she will back off as soon as i move towards her but its not very nice for Skye. As she will just submit straight onto the floor to her and then Esta does not let her get back up. Shadow just keeps retreating to a quiet spot he is playing every now and then but i think he just wants a quiet life lol.

Walking wise is an issue to as i cannot walk all four on my own and i cant take my two out as Esta shouts the house down which i feel i cannot risk as i dont want to end up with RSPCA visits or even more issues with the neighbors! So i have said to Rob we need to walk them all in the evening when he is back from work. They have not been walked atall over the weekend while i have been working :( (including my two!)

Dont get me wrong they are lovely dogs and have great personalitys and are abs amazing at "working" (gun dogs) but in a home situation they are pretty much let loose they listen when told but are absolutely insane which is fine for them as that is what they are happy with but in my home i couldn't live like this all the time it would drive me abs insane! 

You get used to certain standards of behaviour from your own dogs and then when you bring other dogs in 

WOW you see the difference.

Only a few more days left :(

Good idea next time looking after them at Robs mums.

BUT. . . 

That would mean you have to book holiday and "waste" it just to look after someone else's dogs.

Unless they live close to you etc.

They live just under an hour away but i cannot do this again, they asked me if i could look after all 5 of them some point soon just for one night but i think im going to have to say it will have to be over there i cannot do it here.

They make my two look like extremely easy dogs and i can see how well i have trained them now so its a good thing in one way as makes me realise how well i have done :)

can you try stuffing their food in kongs? might keep them occupied and hopefully they will settle by the time they have finished it, then they aren't getting anything they don't normally have. As Andy said you get so used to your own dogs behaviour and anyone elses don't seem to behave the way you would want them too. I agree with what you said about them being on the sofa it isn't fair to your own dogs if other dogs are allowed on it so i think your right in saying you need to try stopping them going on it.  The looking after them in their own home sounds a good idea next time.

Yeah putting their food in a kong seems like a good idea actually. What i normally do is feed mine in the morning before i go to work or Rob does, Then i get the dog sitter to give them their kongs when she leaves so i think i may do it that way :)

They live just under an hour away but i cannot do this again, they asked me if i could look after all 5 of them some point soon just for one night but i think im going to have to say it will have to be over there i cannot do it here.

They make my two look like extremely easy dogs and i can see how well i have trained them now so its a good thing in one way as makes me realise how well i have done :)

wow 5 of them for one night lol don't think i could do that! Think that might be a good idea with that many lol especially with how things are going with these 2.

thats true :-) lol least you know all your hard work has meant something with your own so well done :-)

And yeh that sounds a good plan with the kongs and doing it that way, i really hope it works for you 

wow 5 of them for one night lol don't think i could do that! Think that might be a good idea with that many lol especially with how things are going with these 2.

thats true :-) lol least you know all your hard work has meant something with your own so well done :-)

And yeh that sounds a good plan with the kongs and doing it that way, i really hope it works for you 

Thanks me to as i really dont want to be coming home to any more problems. I have looked after them over there before its not to bad round there as they dont mind that they jump all over their stuff and you can get them outside and they can run around and around etc. So i think thats the better option!

Now i had Skye who barks at other dogs in the garden but Esta is a whole other story she barks and then carrys on barking !

Skye has now taken to counter surfing again and generally just jumping up when i am preparing their food etc which took me months to train out of her :( looks like im doing some training again once they are gone!

Well only a couple more days to go..... it cant come quick enough! I have to keep them inside most of the time now as Esta barks at all dogs and people going past and i dont just mean a quick bark like Skye does and stop she carrys on and its really loud and horrible.

Luckily they seem to have been fine when ive left them for work etc and my dog sitter has been fine with them to.

I have a day off tomorrow but unfortunately it wont be a stress free one with these here :(