Delta Being Clingy

Delta has been super clingy the last 2 and a half months. Delta is the type of cat to sleep a lot and go crazy at night bolting up and down the hallway doing backflips on the walls and doors lol she isn't very affectionate unless she wants food then she's your best friend until you give her the food Then She goes back to ignoring everyone. One night she was even sleeping with her head on Sasha's tail which never happens they don't normally get that close to each other.

Lately she has been sleeping either on my hip between my legs or half under the blackest next to me either place she sleeps she has to be touching my belly which she's never done. The time frame she has been doing it in is about the same time that the baby has been kicking a lot. The first time she was laying between my legs and the baby started kicking and delta moved up and put her paws and head right where he was kicking.

Does delta like the baby kicking her?

Or could I be because she is cold?

Or something else?

I like that she is paying more attention to me but I'm a bit worried that it has something to do with the baby and once the baby is born delta might try and hurt or suffocate the baby out of jealousy or something like that.

What does everyone think is it something I should be worried about? Every now and then she will come and lay on my lap but nothing like she is doing now.

post-9013-0-10996400-1367203836_thumb.jp

This is how she was sleeping this morning

post-9013-0-61412300-1367203860_thumb.jp

And this is how she was sleeping from 7am-10am the other day she only moved to stretch.

I'm not sure on cats behaviour really but I know Kodi seems to have a 'sense' when little people are around and he becomes really really gentle. 

Maybe Delta has noticed that you have a little one and so is being careful around you

She might be feeling a little unsure. If she can sense something's different, she might be hanging close by to gain some reassurance or to investigate things. She'll get used to things eventually, you'll probably find once your babies born that you might have to keep the bedroom door shut as cats seem to love sleeping in baby cots. They know it's lovely and snuggly! Good luck. X

Edited by emma1979

She might be feeling a little unsure. If she can sense something's different, she might be hanging close by to gain some reassurance or to investigate things. She'll get used to things eventually, you'll probably find once your babies born that you might have to keep the bedroom door shut as cats seem to love sleeping in baby cots. They know it's lovely and snuggly! Good luck. X

Aww

I agree with the above animals sense so much from us its probably all new to her

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully she will be ok with the changes. I'm going to attempt to teach her that she isn't aloud in the babies room not sure if that's going to work haha once we put the cot and cradle up I let Sasha and Delta in to sniff them because they insist on checking everything out when it comes in the house and Sasha hasn't been in there since she just stands at the door and Delta went in there twice and was asleep behind the door so hopefully it won't be to hard to keep them out of there when the baby is here.

I wouldn't worry too much over it, everything usually seems to find a way to slot into place pretty quickly like that.   Lets face it, there's really not much other choice with a newborn around!   

• 2 weeks later...

I know a lot of pregnant ladies with pets, and they've all done the same. I think it's just because they can sense that you're expecting, and contrary to what most people without pets would tell you, animals are very protective and very gentle around babies and children, with the odd exception of course.

I wouldn't worry about your fur babies hurting your baby, as long as they're introduced early, there should be no problems :)

I know a lot of pregnant ladies with pets, and they've all done the same. I think it's just because they can sense that you're expecting, and contrary to what most people without pets would tell you, animals are very protective and very gentle around babies and children, with the odd exception of course.

I wouldn't worry about your fur babies hurting your baby, as long as they're introduced early, there should be no problems :)

We have two indoor dogs, an out door dog (that adores kids) and my cat which is an indoor cat so they will be introduced very early on. I don't think ill have a problem with Delta as she's normally a quiet cat with exception of maybe twice a week at night where she does backflips up the hallway walls haha thanks for the reply :)

i've no idea when it come to cats but what a cutie xx