leaving dogs outside while i work

well let me start off by saying i work 12 hr rotating shifts for police station, i work 3 days week then 4 days the next,i refuse to keep my three dogs in crate for 12 hours or let them free in home for 12 hours.the crate would be so boring ,and of course how would they use bathrom or eat or interact with eachother.so while at work i put them all out in my very secure fenced in yard. they all have there own dog houses, i put out gallon buckets of ice water in the yard , at least 3 of them,and of course their food bowls, some toys ,or shall i say there toys are over the yard.and of course there are holes everywhere, thanks kodah!there are no poisonus plants that could harm them,and i do check the fence regularly to make sure kodah's not planning any escapes!i feel this is best for my dogs while i am at work, it provides everything they need , exercise,socialization,food, water, shelter,safety, and of course they wont get in trouble for destroying my house.of course there are alot of holes in yard. but i can cover them and throw some seed down.my dogs really arent runners,they get so much freedom that running loose isnt really a option, unless of course kodah see's a snack alking around. so what do you think?

If you feel comfortable with the arrangment, it should be OK. The one thing our last Husky was capable of doing was jumping a five foot fence in no time at all. It took her about five minutes to dig an escape route under the fence, so those would be two escape issues I would want to be sure were not going to be a problem. The only other concern I would have is theft. But since you work for the police, maybe that is not an issue for you.

If the fences are high enough (6ft+) you 'should' be ok - never underestimate a husky though lol

Make sure the dog kennels aren't next to the fence either or they could jump on these and high tail it outta there.

It's certainly better for them mentally and physically than being in a crate for 12 hours but yeah theft is a thing to consider as well.

Kimba's nudging me now - mummy can we go play in their garden!! lol