What does your Sibe eat?

I have a 5yr old bitch, that i have had for about 6weeks.

At the moment she has a 400g of "Pedigree Chum" and about 2mugs "ish" full of "Vitalin Active" dog biscuts mixed together at lunchtimes.

And i am lucky for her to eat half of it.

She weighed 19kg when i got her and she now weighs 20kg, so she is putting weight on.

I am feeding her the same as what she has always been feed as far as i know???

Are single huskys like this or is there anything that could be wrong?

Please be honest and gentle lol

Cheers

Baz & Daphne the Sibe

x X x

Dakota is the same way. I put his food down and he just picks at it. Some times he won't eat anything all day but the next morning he will. The only time he really digs in to it is when I mix a few tablespoons in of cottage cheese ( my vet recommended I do this to put a few pounds on him). So I agree with the above post as long as shes not losing weight and the vet check came back okay I wouldn't worry too much.

Mine currently have between a cup and a cup and a half of Taste of the Wild dry two times a day. So they each eat between two and three cups a day. They have both put on some weight, but aren't overweight. I cut back on how much they eat when I don't take them out for a lot of exercise. If they'll be out running or at the park, they get a bigger breakfast, and then a bigger dinner after just to cope with all the running and playing. As long as they're getting a quality food and are a healthy weight, I don't see any concerns.

Zoya gets 1 cup of TOTW twice a day. Luckily, she's not a finnicky eater, but it is normal for a Husky to not necessarily eat everything put down for them.

I have a female husky,Laika and she is 1 year old.

In the morning she eats dry food( 1 cup ) of Pro Plan Original and in her dinner contains rice or pasta with wet food,eather Belcando either Bewi Dog.

Although she eats regulary and not too much she is a bit fat(23,5 kg) and i now that the best weight is between 15,5-22 kg.So that means my girl needs to lose some weight :unsure:

My pup is fed once a day 1-2lbs of frozen chicken backs & necks. Once a month she gets a raw egg and a cup of plain yogurt. It may be a strange diet but it's the only thing that get her stool solid.

She is finnicky where if it's too frozen she wont eat it. She's given the length of time that it takes our 2 shepherds to finish their chicken and than all 3 go inside. When she's hungry shell go back and eat the rest.

Sasha (2 years old) eats 200g of Tucker Time (Chicken & Veg) with 200g of Advanced biscuits. She weighs between 16-18kg

Bailey (4months) eats 100-150g of Advanced puppy growth plus biscuits in the morning & 100g Tucker Time (Chicken & Veg) with 200g of biscuits in the evening. He weighs over 13kgs :blink:

Food disappears everytime :)

On average mine get about 2 1/2 cups a day each of Wellness. They are a very active bunch... sometimes when i know we have a big day ahead of us, i have to add some wet into the dry in the morning to be sure the picky huskies eat all of it. Other than that they skimp on meals here and there. It's very frustrating though with my vet. I'm always trying to get a second opinion on their weight but my vet always just tells me their fine (even when they need to loose some weight or gain some) Drives me mad.

On average mine get about 2 1/2 cups a day each of Wellness. They are a very active bunch... sometimes when i know we have a big day ahead of us, i have to add some wet into the dry in the morning to be sure the picky huskies eat all of it. Other than that they skimp on meals here and there. It's very frustrating though with my vet. I'm always trying to get a second opinion on their weight but my vet always just tells me their fine (even when they need to loose some weight or gain some) Drives me mad.