Computer Problems?

Julieanne

This is completely off topic btw.

I've noticed two things which have happened to my laptop

1: A file of photo's have disappeared and I can't find them anywhere including the recycle bin

2: When I'm on the internet sometimes patches or the whole screen will go black and I need to close the internet and reopen it.

I haven't renewed my antivirus too.

Any idea of what's happening?

Do you know the name or numbers of the photos

If you go to MY COMPUTER and find the search tool (should be top right)

and type the name in it  will search the entire computer for any instance of that name or number.

What browser are you using ?? I.E or Firefox or Chrome.

Whichever , try updating to the latest version or. . . 

Try one of the others 

see if you get the same problem

Thank You, I will try both those suggestions.

Also it's Safari I use.

Ah, Apple 

In that case I will be limited as to what else I can do as

I've never had a Mac of any type.

Hopefully someone else who has Apple product experience may be able to give you better advice.

Try googling the problem others may have already provided a solution.

This is completely off topic btw.

I've noticed two things which have happened to my laptop

1: A file of photo's have disappeared and I can't find them anywhere including the recycle bin

2: When I'm on the internet sometimes patches or the whole screen will go black and I need to close the internet and reopen it.

I haven't renewed my antivirus too.

Any idea of what's happening?

Sorry for the late reply - I'm on a Mac so I'll be able to help you out.

Go up to the right corner of your screen - there will be a little magnifying glass symbol. This is 'Finder'. Click on that, then type in the name (or the first letter, or part of the name) and it will show you a list of the more 'popular' ones. Ignore that and click on 'Show All'.

Good luck in finding your photos...they SHOULD be on there. Mac's filesystem usually doesn't mess up - I've had a Mac for 6 years and have never experienced a problem with the filesystem.

For the 2nd problem...does that only happen with the internet? If so, try going to Firefox. If that doesn't work, or if it seems to do it randomly, and if it is still under warrenty then take it to an AppleCare representative.

How old is your Mac and what kind is it?

I downloaded Safari onto my Dell Laptop though I find that I often have to switch between that and Internet Explorer depending on how well they work. I also have Google Chrome now and switching seems to be working.

I did find the photo's too though I have no Idea how they got moved.