HELP with Jumping up!

hey guys! When its just me and my partner in the house Zeus is fine.. but when somebody comes over Zeus goes nuts and he constantly jumps up on them! its getting embarassing really! have tried stayin next to him and giving him a "bite" everytime hes about to jump up.. have tried putting him in his crate ti chill out but as soon as he comes out and sees them hes back trying to jump up on them! he turns into a completely different dog when we have guests! not sure whether its down to him still bein a puppy? anyone had the same problem? any suggestions of what i could do to stop this.. telling him no everytime he does it doesnt work!

thanks

i think the fact he is a puppy could have a lot to do with it. I think the next thing is to be consistent with what you do about it. We have Eika sit/have the person get her into a sit with a treat and then they can give her a fuss/treat. If she gets up from the sit, we make her sit again...we don't allow ANYone (altho my husband disobeys me sometimes!) to fuss her when she's jumped up on them...she has to be sitting...even then she will put her paws on your arm etc...we just tell her off and wait til she's somewhat sitting nicely before we give her fuss...

another thing you could do until he has learnt to be calm is put him on his lead when someone comes into your house, so you can 'tug' him off the person rather than pushing etc...and you can control him better, get him into a sit etc...

does that make sense?

What do you mean by 'bite'? Is that the Cesar Milan thing with the hand?

Great advice from Sqwidge, could you leave some treats by the door, and whenever anybody comes in, give them one, make him sit and then the visitor gives him a treat? It is probably best to get someone that you know to help, or a few people, get them to come and visit just to do the work.