Crate training new pup

Question for all pet owners who have crate trained their pups. My pup is being crate trained to help him pee/poop outside. Whenever he barks/whines/cries I take him out to the yard and let him do his thing. He almost always takes a piss each outting and will poop 2-3 times a day under the same circumstances. Issue is, he's crying every other hour and I have no clue how to distinguish if he's just lonely and wants to play or if he really needs to go. This is becoming an issue now since I wake up 3/4 times a night just to let him out. He's had a few incidents in his cage (even though I have a barrier in there to limit space) which is why I'm fearful of letting him cry it out.

Pack Leader: In addition to Sarah advice you might not trying feeding(including water) him past a certain time. Being so young as he is , the getting up with his to potty is a normal thing and come with the turf of being a puppy. You want to keep up with it because the time he goes in the house it's not his fault and he might try to go potty in that same spot.

Good Luck

heres a helpful hint with potty training at night.

feed 2-3 times a day. then no more feeding after 5pm.

water should be left out all day, but picked up at 7 pm.

be sure and take your puppy to go out potty at leaste 3 times before they go to bed after you pick up the water.

then in the morning give her/him water and food as soon as they wake up.

we do this for our puppy and shes been sleeping threw the night.

Hi all well im currently crate training my 2 pups, what fun and games that is lol

well the one girl isis is doing really well the other one zayla oh my has she got a voice i have never heard a cry so loud, im going through trying my best to ignore her and not let her out when screaming the house down especially if she has just been outside and done her business. I have praised her and gave her a small treat sometimes when the behaviour is good, but she a little terror, isis is doing really well and is actually very willing to do the correct thing well as much as pups do lol If anyone has any tips on working with zayla's screaming and i mean screaming :blink: i would be grateful.. :D

She is a bit young to crate all night, I am worried that you restrict her space in the crate too, best if you put a puppy pad in until she is older, also cover just over half the crate with a blanket and always leave a radio or something on, sounds like you are rushing her a bit, slow down

Terry