Vbulletin version 5

Marc

Hi Guys,

For those who dont know there will be an update to the forum at some point in the next year which is again quite a big one. Vbulletin, the software we use currently, is bringing out one of the biggest updates to its software I have seen since version 2 around 15 years ago. Lucky for me I have had the opportunity to be an early tester of the product and actually do the bug testing for the company so I have had many previews of this software already.

So what I have done is to create an update of our forum from today where people can play. Bare in mind that the software is very very buggy at the moment as it is still a testing version, however this is a public test version that I can show to people. There are further releases that us tester have which are a lot more stable and the releases are getting there bit at a time.

http://www.husky-owners.com/vb5test/

Go have a play. Log in, do some test posts if you want as its simply a "sandbox" to play with and will be periodically wiped anyway. Bare in mind there is no husky owners theme on there at the moment, its just plain "vanilla" upgrade at the moment.

Over the next couple of days I will add some bits (changing one of the forums to a picture forum will be one I will play with so watch this space) for people to look at should they wish to do so.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have registered only today or after then you will not be able to log into that forum without registering as the backup and upgrade was done earlier today.

Enjoy.