Harness / cart wanted

Niber

Hi all,

Niber will be a year old in January and will be ready to start pulling. He has been running short distances with the bike without pulling but in the new year I want him to start pulling. I'm looking for a harness now so I can get him used to it and get him pulling small objects and in a few months a cart which eventually he can pull my kids along in.

I can of course buy new, but if anyone has anything they no longer use, I can buy it from you.

If anyone has a harness we will need to compare sizes to make sure it will fit properly.

Thanks in advance

Have just measured Niber and he is 21/27. However, he is only 9 months old and I am starting him on raw meat so thinking he is likely to bulk up more. Would it be best to get a 22/28?

Do other people use an x back for biking?

If you are pulling with one dog I would reconsider the use of a cart...might just be to heavy for one dog to pull..

Totally agree, most quality carts come in at around 80lbs. I can't run my cart with just 2 dogs I have to use 3+ and before I'd consider them going out with kids at the helm I'd be sure they were rock solid on commands first.

Totally agree, most quality carts come in at around 80lbs. I can't run my cart with just 2 dogs I have to use 3+ and before I'd consider them going out with kids at the helm I'd be sure they were rock solid on commands first.

I would love a cart but with my 110 kgs I just know my 2 could not pull it the way I want it....

I'll clarify on cart - a 4 wheeled garden cart. Was planning to use on tarmac, though I will check the weight and whether it is suitable. As for commands, the kids are young (8, 5, 4 and 1 - 1 year old excluded) so he would be on a lead at the same time.

Cheers