Myshka & Diesel get their first taste of raw egg

After reading on this site that a lot of husky owners feed their sibes a raw egg periodically, we thought we'd try it with our two. I thought Myshka would take to it but that Diesel would leave it, he's not very adventurous when it comes to non-kibble food!! Here's 2 videos of their first taste of a raw egg:

Diesel first -

then Myshka -

that is so sweat val, i gave Loki an Odin one each a few weeks back. Loki just carried it off to the corner then left it, Odin broke it by hitting it with his paw then lol he started to limp around would not put his foot down till i cleaned the egg off his paw lol wimp

Mike, thank you for posting that, it has allayed a suspicion I had about raw eggs, I have posted it somewhere on the forum. I had noted from BARF feeders on here they fed raw eggs weekly or less often to their dogs, but somewhere a post came up that you shouldn't feed them due to salmonella, etc. I decided to try it going off the number of owners on here who do regularly feed raw eggs to their dogs & have done for months / years & reading more positive reasons than negative as to dogs having them from researching it, but that link is great. :grinning-smiley-003 It covers all aspects of feeding raw eggs, good & what was deemed to be bad.

Rep added :D

Ive been giving Sam and Jess a raw egg each weekly for a few weeks now .Its certainly worked wonders for Jess , my crossbreed ,her coat had become more wiry as she got older but after giving her eggs it has got its old silky feel back and the egg keeps her occupied for 10 minutes while she works out how to break the shell

• 4 weeks later...