I have 2 great dogs!

So Tuesday morning, I woke up and took the dogs out, about 5:30am. At this point, Naala had been with me 4 and a half days, and Simba only 2 and a half. Took them out to the grassy spot on the corner, told them to go potty, and they both did. Not too excited, as it was early morning and I'm sure they both had to go anyway, but I praised and they got their treats. Yesterday, both dogs got their morning walk, both pottied wonderfully. After work, took them out and they pottied in the same place. Went on a walk for about 2 miles, took them in, let them have some water and then some food. As soon as they finished eating we went out to the grassy spot. Both pottied on command! On Naala's 7th day, and Simba's 5th, they have learned to go outside and potty when and where I say!

We're not quite 100% with it yet (though 3 days since an accident in the house). Sometimes they prefer other places along the walk, but we start and end each walk at that grassy spot with an opportunity to potty. Naala is more stubborn, but Simba squats (weird for a male) and tries oh so hard to pee just so he can get a treat!

Nowhere near perfect, and we're still doing a lot of work on various commands (going slowly, not too much at once), but I am so freaking excited at the progress! Last night I felt like the man! :grinning-smiley-003

Thanks for the congrats! As far as showing how they can ignore commands, I do anticipate that happening. Naala is showing that she is willing to be more stubborn and strong-minded. I actually find this to be wonderful. I interpret this as her wanting to have absolute trust and faith in her pack leader. This will take time to develop, but I certainly look forward to the challenge! He'll do anything for a treat. Simba is just so food-motivated. Once the treats don't come after every obeyed command, I anticipate he'll have his moments. While I had heard how intelligent they can be, I am still shocked on a regular basis. I firmly believe they know exactly what they are doing!

Oh yes, IMHO they know exactly what they are doing - precisely why I love my boy. It's frustrating to my husband who prefers his lab/rottie cross and who lingers on every word which comes out of his daddy's mouth!

Like you, I enjoy the intellect and will that comes with my husky. You can only fool a husky once! It's great fun to me to have to keep up with him. He's nearly 15 now and is physically slower, but he's still got that quick husky mind, and is still teaching me about being a husky and a 'parent' to one. This breed is the best - don't know what I'd do without him.