Registering a Pup

Katrina

Hello,

We just got Kenia and he's 8 weeks old. We We do not know who birthed him. We got him from a family who got him from the breeder. I don't think the breeder was an actual breeder just an owner whose dogs had a litter. And had to sell the pups to move to the mainland. The family we got him from said that he could be registered but didn't know how to go about that. We were told he's purebred sibe. Kenia came with only a bed, and food bowls. No papers at all. He goes for his shots Friday to the vet. What can I do to see if we can get him registered? Is there any type of blood test or anything that the vet can do to register Kenia? And how much would it be around if it's possible?

Thank You,

Katrina & Kenia

Oh that sucks! We don't know who the breeder is. Or if the parents were registered. I think I'm going to email the family we got Kenia from and see if they have the breeder's contact information. Thank you

they only have a short space of time to register them, it may be too late now, not sure - having a registered Sibe isn't the be all and end all - what i always look for is the generation certificate so that you can see the bloodlines and do some reading up on their ancestors - i've done this and found some of my boys distant relatives lol

The family we got him from said he was 8 weeks. That the person that they got him from had to move to the mainland(us states) and had to get his pups homes. They said they've had him for 2-3 weeks. So either Kenia is around 12 weeks or they had him at 5 weeks. I'm not sure. But the papers aren't a big deal, we got our baby that's what matters. We were just wondering if it was possible. But no matter what he's been through he has a good family now that will not get rid of him! But like I said I don't think that the person they got him from was an actual breeder just someone whose dogs had puppies. He didn't come with anything in the ball park of papers...lol...I emailed the family we got him from to see if they have the original owner's contact information to see. Thank you for your replies.

hope you can find some more info about the parents - I so love that picture!!! PLEASE post more for us!! :D:D

If the owners weren't breeders they may not have known that the pup shouldn't leave so early, at least he's settled with you and has lots of love, huggles and walks to look forward to :)

The prospects of him being eligable for registration sound slim Katrina.

If you manage to trace his breeder, they would need to have two registered parents, and neither of those should have the endorsement 'Progeny not eligable for registration' on THEIR registrations.

As for timespan, you can actually register pups from a litter up till a year old, but KC charge more after a certain age to do it (I think it's something like 70 per pup for a late registration?)