Cages

huskamute

Hello again everyone,

Its like question time with me cause i got another one for you. I live in leicester and I am having to travel to Wales to pick up my 8 week old huskamute puppy (Female) and was wondering how to transport her. I was thinking of a cage so she can also use it as a bed when she gets home but i am unsure what size to buy for her as i dont want her to grow out of it to quick or be scrared because its to big......

If you are concerned about her growing out of it quickly then you should start with intermediate or medium size, thats what I bought for Chewbacca when I brought him home from the big island and it lasted about another 3 and a half months. I dont know if you have craigslist or something like it there...but if you do you can post an ad to sell the smaller crate when you need to buy the larger one later. Thats what I did...and I got $40 for mine even though it was used.

Well for crates I got the biggest one for Nukka when we got her at 8weeks and then got a crate divider to make it smaller, cheaper than buying a whole new crate for her as they really do grow by the minute and they looove to stretch out so she already has the full crate and shes just gone 16 weeks! As for getting her home I would say the best way is to take someone with you that can hold her on the knee, as the car is a new and scarey experience so having someone hold her would be comforting. My girl sat on my knee the whole way home and just went to sleep with her head on my shoulder. Bless! Hope that helps!! :D

Good advice, Sarah, rep added, we did that with Myshka when we collected her as a 10 wk old pup, I held her on the journey & she slept all the way home! As for cages, I'd recommend getting the largest you can, it will save having to upsize in a few months as pups grow very quickly in the first 9 months. As Sarah suggested, get a crate divider to make it appear smaller at first then you won't have to change it.