Myshka's eye

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, Louise, you can join me anytime & split the proceeds! X Factor'll have nothing on us!!

has her eye gotten better since you first posted this or is it still looking bad?

No, Ashley, it looks the same as in the pic I posted, but every now & again, she scratches it & the one at her eyebrow bleeds, so no worse, thank God, but no better :rolleyes:

Is she insured?

That was the first question the vet asked last week, so we knew it was gonna be costly!! :eek: But, yes, Sarah, thankfully she is. I'll be digging out all her stuff & call Petplan in the morning.

Thanks, ladies, for asking after her :D

aw, wow, Bo, thanks - she's never had one of them before .... a peanut butter treat, I mean!! xx

Still no call today, though she has stopped scratching it so it mustn't be irritating her but it hasn't gone away ... I am a very patient person, but I WANT THAT PHONE TO RING!!

Lisa, any news on Jersey?

Hi Val, Sorry for the delay not been on for a few days. No results yet we are at the vets on Wednesday for her stitches out & fingers crossed her results. Hope you have good news with Myshka's results too :D xxx

aw, Lisa, good luck tomorrow with Jersey, fingers crossed they'll have some news for you, keep us posted how she's doing, please, xx

The vet gave Steve some latex gloves for the steroid cream for Myshka - he laughed & said "we're used to it, the missus has been on steroid cream all last week, we're a dab hand at this stuff now!"

And no comments about uses for latex gloves, please!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

well, Myshka's eye saga continues ....

Tha fur has grown back over the scabs so she looks 100% again, but you can see them if you look carefully

Just come back from the vets, been to the dermatologist ... she looked at Myshka's skin scrape & hair pluck results, concluded it wasn't due to mites, tics, etc .. could possibly be an allergic reaction to a seasonal problem, though unlikely as last year it started in December & this year, September ... or another underlying issue that only a biopsy (on her eyelid :o ) might uncover ... or a zinc deficiency in her diet.

I have an appointment to go back on 30th Nov, in the mean time, stop her steroid cream & continue on her current diet & see how things go. Trial & error. 20 mins in room with dermatologist, no further answers, possibly this, possibly that = £115 please!! :o :o

I nearly fell over! The insurance forms are going off now so I'll get it back, but my God! I need a whisky! :blink: