Anybody Canicross?

Lol indeed!!! You are up against a bunch of basketcases !!

( As if you didn't know!!)

So get your skates on Ed,you're gonna need them!!!

Karen........ :)

Hmmm...no skates! Guess my longboard and wakeboard rope will have to work!

-Alright team..."LET'S GO!!! Woooohooooooo! Do huskies have brakes????? :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...no skates! Guess my longboard and wakeboard rope will have to work!

-Alright team..."LET'S GO!!! Woooohooooooo! Do huskies have brakes????? :D

Ha Ha Ed..........Keep practicing and live life dangerously.....brakes??  Who needs them!! ......might need a couple more huskies though,if you're to be in with half a chance!!! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I've done it with 3 with a belt and gangline and bungee lead. Got to get another gangline so I can run with 4 of them I have to do it seperate as ice, kobie, jasper and hollie are a lot faster then gus, zena, nanuk and bear lol so I do it tht way but nanuk and kobie are still a bit young

I always run with my two really are the best training partners I could want always pushing me and never complain bout the weather or time of day I take them out lol nothing better than running in the hills with them :-)

Couldn't agree more. :D

• 3 months later...

Neb is a really slow runner, and runs behind me (though he loves to go running) and as I understand it for canicross the dog has to be out in front (when you're actually competing).  

So I've never done a canicross race with him.  

But!  The Bristol Dryland Championships in Quebec are happening this year in October, and a friend who has a kennel of Huskies and races them is going, and she's going to lend me a dog so that I can compete!  For once a dog will be running faster than me!  (Though I wish I could do it with Nebbie)

I am very excited.  It will be a good time, the race distances are quite short so I'm going to have to work on my speed!

i have two siberians and have been running and racing with them for ten years and they are as fast now as they were when they were young,if anyone wants any tips or to come on a run let me know although as you all probably know it can be fairly hard but it is possible to train up to a good condition if you keep at it. 

• 1 month later...