Pets and Weather

Sarah

Does the weather affect your pets?

When it's raining and miserable - bit like it's been all day today here lol - my boys are lethargic and peaceful but when it's dry they're in and out of the house constantly.

Having said that - thunder lightning etc they don't bother with at all

We've had cold rainy weather for a few days now. We keep Zoya inside, only because all she wants to do is dig, and with the rain, she gets so full of mud. That, and she runs back and forth across the property that she tears up the lawn, not that her digging does not tear up the lawn as well. So, since she's been inside, she has been getting pretty agitated. We have ended up taking her for some walks to "walk" off the pent-up energy. Maybe there's still a lot of pup to deal with yet.

Yesterday was a wash out where I live. Just about every morning, like clockwork, Sheba comes to me with that "Hey, when are we going for our walk?" look. Not yesterday though. By 1PM though, we had to get out as she needed to take care of business. We ended up walking in the rain.

It rained here most of the week, but didn't affect the dogs any. Jay took them for a short walk when it stopped raining, and it poured out during their walk. But it didn't bother them any they just kept going, got home, and acted like nothing had happened. When it's nice, they spend more time outside since we're doing work outside on the house. But other than that, there's no real change. We'll see how it goes when it gets cold and starts snowing though! It'll be Tadi's first snow!!! Can't wait for that one!

Bo is definately enjoying the cooler weather. Yesterday was cool again and when I took him out for his evening walk he ran (YES, RAN!) for four blocks. Didn't miss a step. Pretty good for an old man! (And a bit hard for his entirely out-of-shape mom, I must add.)

It was wonderful to see as it's been a while since he's had so much energy. What fun it was to see his tail up and that husky smile on his face!