excessive water drinking

s.g

At 15 weeks, you would not normally suspect diabetes, but I would have her checked at the vet just to make sure. Excessive water intake is one sign of a diabetic dog. Gosh, I sure hope it's something else, and probably is.

Lana: My Pack Leader doesn't think i drink enough water. If it wasnt for the vet telling him what to look out for (dry nose, dry tongue, throwing up after drinking) he would lose sleep.

Pack Leader: Yeah....but try ice. Yep dogs love ice but dont be shock if they make a mess with it and/or take it out of their bowls.

Nukka is about 16 weeks and she drinks quite abit but I've been told its coz shes on a dry food so if your dogs on a dry food I wouldnt worry too much, plus its been warm where I live so she drinks more when shes hot or when shes been running around alot, have you had a warm spell recently or is your dog particulalry active either of these could be it? if not and their on a wet food then better safe than sorry to wiz um to the vets.

Hope you get it sorted! :D

hi just an update been to vets and she has taken blood too test for kidney, liver and diabetes and hopefully get results back tomorrow. she has also started her on antibiotics for water infection just incase its that.

will keep you all posted.

thanks again.