VBA codes in excel?

Alex T

I'm currently working on a new project for work and need to be able to toggle on and off 'series' within a chart in excel. After hours of googling it looks like VBA coding is the best option, but I haven't got a clue hoe to use it - I've used excel for the past 7 yrs, coding a range of spreadhseets/ data bases for school with no problems - but this has really got me confused!

Has anyone hear used VBA? Can you help?

Yeah Ive used VBA. VBA is basically Visual basic 6 for microsoft applications. Could you describe a little more what your trying to do, ie how you would have to do it manually and I may be able to help with what you would need to do in code.

Basically i've added a check box - which when checked I would like it to show a 'series' of data within a chart, and when unchecked not to show the data!

I need it to reference a range of cells for instance a3:g3 when active, and just return a 0 or false value when not checked!

Ive got my chart set up with 6 different series on it, but just haven't got a clue on how to toggle them on and off! Each one shows a different set of data which I need my staff to have access to, but if I expected them to look at 6 charts - they wouldnt bother!