New foster

How do you not get attached to them?

I am asking because I might consider doing the same once I can buy myself a property with some luck. Or get a very understanding, dog loving landlord.

some people find it hard to part with them but me i look & love them like the rest of the pack, then when they move on i say to myself we done a good job now lets help an other dog find a new home

Yes kudos to you all, it is a great job done that a dog or pup that has found unfortunate circumstances in their life to find people such as yourself to love and care for them until they can find their forever home.

I would definitely seriously consider doing this too once we have a more permanent home. Especially after the last thread I placed up of that abused lil girl pup. made me feel sick to the stomach. Then I saw all those adorable Husky's needing new homes which also got me thinking on fostering. It has got to be a better in between place than a dog shelter, even thought they do their best given the circumstances.

So....does it usually work out the best with the dog finding a forever home or is there a chance you might end up with the same dog back?

I will say it can be hard work fostering you don't always have a good dog come into your home, you never know how long the dog will be with you could be weeks or months it's up to the rescue to do all the right checks with new homes. The last foster i had was nasty, i had to go to hospital from an attack but it never put me of fostering & the end of the day it's you who has to be boss in the house not the dog so you have to be a strong person to do this kind of work. Hope this helps not put you off

No not at all, I worked with Guard Dogs for a Security firm. You gotta be strong with them but they respond to love the same as any dog. I have had to verbally tell them off too. They soon settle down.

Sooo a big welding glove might be the go lol...for a bitey dog.