easiest way to get my stuff off my old laptop?

whats the easiet way to get most of pics off my old laptop so i can put them on my new one ?

i dont mind loosing the music and the vids on there (most are uploaded to youtube anyway)

but theres SOME pics on my laptop i want to keep , others ill have copies off on fb/photobucket etc

any ideas?

also i need passwords for sites too , probably no way to save my bookmarks tho??

I would agree with a memory stick but then you screen does not work correct....then maybe via the network..but if you have not shared your files that might also be a problem..

I would lay a direct cable between the laptops :rolleyes: But otherwise you can try to set up a shared folder so you can access it from your network. USB-stick is another possibility but depends on how big your files are and how big your USB-stick is as otherwise it might take a veeeery long time.

Browsers bookmarks and passwords entirely depend on the browser you're using. Most browser let you export and import bookmarks. Passwords is an entirely different story as I don't think that's easy in any browser. That's why I never let my browser save my passwords because these systems can always fail or stop working and that's when you realise you don't know any of the passwords you use everyday...

I would lay a direct cable between the laptops :rolleyes: But otherwise you can try to set up a shared folder so you can access it from your network. USB-stick is another possibility but depends on how big your files are and how big your USB-stick is as otherwise it might take a veeeery long time.

Browsers bookmarks and passwords entirely depend on the browser you're using. Most browser let you export and import bookmarks. Passwords is an entirely different story as I don't think that's easy in any browser. That's why I never let my browser save my passwords because these systems can always fail or stop working and that's when you realise you don't know any of the passwords you use everyday...

hmm direct cable , i suppose thats an ebay jobby? am i looking for something imparticular?

i remember the most important password ---> for this place lol

I would agree with a memory stick but then you screen does not work correct....then maybe via the network..but if you have not shared your files that might also be a problem..

i have a small fraction of screen i can work in lol

hmm direct cable , i suppose thats an ebay jobby? am i looking for something imparticular?

i remember the most important password ---> for this place lol

It's not a matter of plug and play, lol. You have to learn how to set it up all up (host/client) and will take some time (and Googling) if you don't know about that, but the speed is worth it. But to be honest, in your case it's much easier to simply share folders to the network OR use an usb-stick if it's big enough as I can imagine that if both laptops are wireless the transferring might be quite slow.